About kevin S. Richter, ph.d.
Dr. Kevin Richter earned his undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences from Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, and his doctorate in Biological Sciences from the University of California, Irvine. He has worked as a research scientist in the field of reproductive medicine since 1998, working at the Fertility Center of Las Vegas for 5 years before joining our practice in 2003. Dr. Richter has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals. He has received grants through the National Science Foundation and other agencies to fund his research. In addition to his research activities, he has been a university lecturer and laboratory instructor for subjects including human biology, ecology, environmental studies, and statistical analysis.
- Doctorate: Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, 1995
Awards & Recognition
IrvineFellowship, Universityof California, , 1988-89 Irvine
- National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant (DEB-9217518), 1991
- Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid of Research, 1992
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Society of Reproductive Biologists and Technologists (SBRT)
- Scrying the future: The ongoing transformation of reproductive medicine through vitrification. KS Richter, JR Graham and MJ Tucker. In: Vitrification in Assisted Reproduction, 2nd ed., MJ Tucker and J Liebermann, eds. CRC Press, 2015:225-37.
- Are good patient and embryo characteristics protective against the negative effect of elevated progesterone level on the day of oocyte maturation? MJ Hill, GD Royster, MW Healy, KS Richter, G Levy, AH DeCherney, ED Levens, G Suthar, E Widra and MJ Levy. Fertil Steril 2015;103:1477-84.
- Single vitrified blastocyst transfer maximizes liveborn children per embryo while minimizing preterm birth. K Devine, MT Connell, KS Richter, CI Ramirez, ED Levens, AH DeCherney, RJ Stillman and EA Widra. Fertil Steril 2015;103:1454-60.
- Ovarian reserve and subsequent assisted reproduction outcomes after methotrexate therapy for ectopic pregnancy or pregnancy of unknown location. MJ Hill, JC Cooper, G Levy, C Alford, KS Richter, AH DeCherney, CL Katz, ED Levens and EF Wolff. Fertil Steril 2014;101:413-9.
- Single-donor and double-donor sperm intrauterine insemination cycles: does double intrauterine insemination increase clinical pregnancy rates? S. M. Zarek, M. J. Hill, K. S. Richter, M. Wu, A. H. DeCherney, J. E. Osheroff and E. D. Levens. Fertil Steril 2014;102:739-43.
- Influences on endometrial development during intrauterine insemination: clinical experience of 2,929 patients with unexplained infertility. EF Wolff, N Vahidi, C Alford, K Richter and E Widra. Fertil Steril 2013;100:194-9 e1.
- Money-back guarantees. ED Levens, KS Richter and MJ Levy. Semin Reprod Med 2013;31:198-203.
- Number of supernumerary vitrified blastocysts is positively correlated with implantation and live birth in single-blastocyst embryo transfers. MJ Hill, KS Richter, RJ Heitmann, TD Lewis, AH DeCherney, JR Graham, E Widra and MJ Levy. Fertil Steril 2013;99:1631-6.
- Refuting a misguided campaign against the goal of single-embryo transfer and singleton birth in assisted reproduction. RJ Stillman, KS Richter and HW Jones, Jr. Hum Reprod 2013;28:2599-607.
- The simplified SART embryo scoring system is highly correlated to implantation and live birth in single blastocyst transfers. RJ Heitmann, MJ Hill, KS Richter, AH DeCherney and EA Widra. J Assist Reprod Genet 2013;30:563-7.
- Trophectoderm grade predicts outcomes of single-blastocyst transfers. MJ Hill, KS Richter, RJ Heitmann, JR Graham, MJ Tucker, AH DeCherney, PE Browne and ED Levens. Fertil Steril 2013;99:1283-1289 e1.
- Contribution of male age to outcomes in assisted reproductive technologies. BW Whitcomb, R Turzanski-Fortner, KS Richter, S Kipersztok, RJ Stillman, MJ Levy and ED Levens. Fertil Steril 2011;95:147-51.
- Essure multicenter off-label treatment for hydrosalpinx before in vitro fertilization. DI Galen, N Khan and KS Richter. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2011;18:338-42.
- The prevalence of genuine empty follicle syndrome. TB Mesen, B Yu, KS Richter, E Widra, AH DeCherney and JH Segars. Fertil Steril 2011;96:1375-7.
- Subclinical elevations of thyroid-stimulating hormone and assisted reproductive technology outcomes. KG Michalakis, TB Mesen, LM Brayboy, B Yu, KS Richter, M Levy, E Widra and JH Segars. Fertil Steril 2011;95:2634-7.
- Conversion from assisted reproductive technology to intrauterine insemination in low responders: is it advantageous? JM Norian, ED Levens, KS Richter, EA Widra and MJ Levy. Fertil Steril 2010;94:2073-7.
- Demographic variables related to successful anonymous oocyte donor recruitment. P Sachs, SN Covington, C Toll, KS Richter, M Purcell and FE Chang. Fertil Steril 2010;93:311-3.
- Effect of air quality on assisted human reproduction. RS Legro, MV Sauer, GL Mottla, KS Richter, X Li, WC Dodson and D Liao. Hum Reprod 2010;25:1317-24.
- Does dilation and curettage versus expectant management for spontaneous abortion in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization affect subsequent endometrial development? KS Moon, KS Richter, MJ Levy and EA Widra. Fertil Steril 2009;92:1776-9.
- Elective single embryo transfer: A 6-year progressive implementation of 784 single blastocyst transfers and the influence of payment method on patient choice. RJ Stillman, KS Richter, NK Banks and JR Graham. Fertil Steril 2009;92:1895-906.
- Matched-samples comparison of intramuscular versus vaginal progesterone for luteal phase support after in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. N Khan, KS Richter, TL Newsome, EJ Blake and VI Yankov. Fertil Steril 2009;91:2445-50.
- The importance of growth factors for preimplantation embryo development and in-vitro culture. KS Richter. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2008;20:292-304.
- Laser assisted hatching in good prognosis patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer: a randomized controlled trial. AW Sagoskin, MJ Levy, MJ Tucker, KS Richter and EA Widra. Fertil Steril 2007;87:283-7.
- Relationship between endometrial thickness and embryo implantation, based on 1,294 cycles of in vitro fertilization with transfer of two blastocyst-stage embryos. KS Richter, KR Bugge, JG Bromer and MJ Levy. Fertil Steril 2007;87:53-9.
- Cryopreserved embryo transfers suggest that endometrial receptivity may contribute to reduced success rates of later developing embryos. KS Richter, SK Shipley, I McVearry, MJ Tucker and EA Widra. Fertil Steril 2006;86:862-6.
- No advantage of laser-assisted over conventional intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a randomized controlled trial [NCT00114725]. KS Richter, A Davis, J Carter, SJ Greenhouse, GL Mottla and MJ Tucker. J Exp Clin Assist Reprod 2006;3:5.
- Selection for faster development does not bias sex ratios resulting from blastocyst embryo transfer. KS Richter, M Anderson and BH Osborn. Reprod Biomed Online 2006;12:460-5.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis and screening. WG Kearns, R Pen, J Graham, T Han, J Carter, M Moyer, KS Richter, M Tucker, SF Hoegerman and E Widra. Semin Reprod Med 2005;23:336-47.
- Late presentation with severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is diagnostic of clinical in vitro fertilization pregnancy. KS Richter, RL Van Nest and RJ Stillman. Fertil Steril 2004;82:478-9.
- Salpingectomy or proximal tubal occlusion of unilateral hydrosalpinx increases the potential for spontaneous pregnancy. AW Sagoskin, BA Lessey, GL Mottla, KS Richter, RJ Chetkowski, AS Chang, MJ Levy and RJ Stillman. Hum Reprod 2003;18:2634-7.
- Implantation and pregnancy rates are higher for oocyte donor cycles after blastocyst-stage embryo transfer. BS Shapiro, KS Richter, DC Harris and ST Daneshmand. Fertil Steril 2002;77:1296-7.
- Influence of patient age on the growth and transfer of blastocyst-stage embryos. BS Shapiro, KS Richter, DC Harris and ST Daneshmand. Fertil Steril 2002;77:700-5.
- Quantitative grading of a human blastocyst: optimal inner cell mass size and shape. KS Richter, DC Harris, ST Daneshmand and BS Shapiro. Fertil Steril 2001;76:1157-67.
- Dramatic declines in implantation and pregnancy rates with repeated cycles of in vitro fertilization with blastocyst transfer after one or more failed attempts. BS Shapiro, KS Richter, DC Harris and ST Daneshmand. Fertil Steril 2001;76:538-42.
- A comparison of day 5 and day 6 blastocyst transfers. BS Shapiro, KS Richter, DC Harris and ST Daneshmand. Fertil Steril 2001;75:1126-30.
- Predictive value of 72-hour blastomere cell number on blastocyst development and success of subsequent transfer based on the degree of blastocyst development. BS Shapiro, DC Harris and KS Richter. Fertil Steril 2000;73:582-6.