As the nation’s largest fertility center, Shady Grove Fertility offers patients access to the most advanced fertility treatment options available. Our full-service office, located in the Waldorf, MD, offers patients early-morning appointments in a friendly and welcoming environment. Dr. Sunita Kulshrestha along with the highly trained office staff offer patients a personal approach to care in a private setting.
- New Patient Appointments
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Waldorf, MD office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Adventist Healthnet
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (Some Maryland providers may be out of range for this insurance plan. If you have this plan, confirm with your insurance provider or our New Patient Center about coverage.)
- Anthem HealthKeepers*
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of D.C.
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland
- CareFirst BlueChoice HMO*
- Carefirst National Capital Area
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Maven Clinic
- Meritain Health
- Medstar Health
- MultiPlan Network
- OneNet PPO
- Optum Healthcare
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Oxford
- United Healthcare MDIPA/Optimum Choice
- United Resource Network*
- Veterans Choice PCCC
If your insurance network is not listed, please call our New Patient Center at 1-888-761-1967 to see if we have added new insurance companies or to learn more about our financial programs.
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
The Maryland Insurance Article Section 15-810, "Benefits for In Vitro Fertilization," requires health and hospital insurance policies issued within the state that provide pregnancy benefits to also cover the cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF). There is a limit of three IVF attempts per live birth; not to exceed a maximum lifetime benefit of $100,000.
For contracts that follow the Maryland mandate, benefits are provided when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient must be a policyholder or subscriber, or a covered spouse of the policyholder or subscriber.
- The patient is unable to get pregnant through less-expensive covered treatments.
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient and her spouse must have at least a 2-year history of involuntary infertility or infertility must be associated with one or more of the following conditions
- Fetal exposure to diethylstilbestrol, also known as DES
- Blocked or surgically removed Fallopian tubes
- Abnormal male factors, including oligospermia, contributing to the infertility
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient’s eggs must be fertilized with the patient’s spouse’s sperm.
- For patients whose spouse is of the same sex, there must be six attempts of artificial insemination over the course of 2 years failing to result in pregnancy.
- IVF must be performed at a facility that conforms to the standards set by the American Fertility Society and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Regulations that took effect in 1994 exempt businesses with 50 or fewer employees from having to provide IVF coverage. [Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 31.11.06.06 (B) (11).]
- Religious organizations offering health benefits to their employees may request that carriers exclude IVF benefits; there must be bona fide religious beliefs and practices that prohibit IVF.
From Annapolis, MD
- Rt. 50 W
- Rt. 301 S
- Exit 13A toward Richmond
- Left into McDonald's; the office is in a tall white building behind the McDonald's
From Leonardtown, MD
- Rt. 5 N/Leondardtown Rd
- Right 301 N
- Right into McDonald's; the office is in a tall white building behind the McDonald's
Taking Public Transportation
The nearest Metrorail station is Branch Avenue station on the Green Line. Cab/taxi service is recommended from the station to our office. This is approx a 16-mile/30-minute ride, depending on traffic.
VanGO is a countywide transportation system committed to providing safe, reliable transit and quality service for Charles County residents. VanGO offers public transportation routes that operate on fixed schedules and more specialized transportation. For fares and schedules, please click here.
From Reagan National Airport
We recommend patients traveling from the airport to take the Metrorail. Take the Green Line to Branch Avenue station. You will then need to arrange for car/taxi service. This is approximately a 16-mile/30-min ride, depending on traffic. We recommend you utilize a car service that is familiar with the Anne Arundel Medical Center Campus. Other ground transportation information can be found on the airport website.
The Waldorf office is located behind the Outback and McDonald’s on the northbound side of Rt. 301/Crain Highway.
Please note that free parking is available in both the front and rear of the building.
"Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with us during your busy day.You all greeted us with the smiles and warmth that has made us feel special throughout our journey with Shady Grove.Through the ups and downs, you all shared phone calls, e-mails and words of joy, encouragement and comfort--thank you for always doing an amazing job in your profession and going above and beyond in making us always feel like you care. All in all, we remain overjoyed with our "miracle" each and every day."
"Thank you and your staff at Waldorf for making us feel extra speicial."
"I just want to thank you all for what you did for my husband and me; words can't express how grateful we are to you. All of you made us feel like more than patients, more like part of your 'family'."
"Dr. Kipersztok, coming to you in Ferbruary for our intial consultation, you made us feel right at ease. After the emotional struggle of trying to conceive on our own and going straight to IVF, it has been an absolute miracle that I was pregnant in just 90 days from start to finish!"
"We are so thankful to Dr. Kipersztok and the Shady Grove Fertility Family that we had to write and say thank you. This is were our family began. You all have made us complete in so many ways. We didn't know we were floating through life the way we were. We now have a purpose and we are ready for the challenge. We are so happy; we are considering going through the process again."
"Dr. K, words cannot express how thankful we are for all you have done to give us our baby girls. We are so happy to have worked with you and to be where we are today. Thank you for your time and patience. We are so blessed to have you as our doctor!"
"Dr. K, I just wanted to thank you for all that you have done for my wife and I. We couldn't have made it through if it wasn't for your reassurance in starting our next cycle. Thank you so much."
"Dr. K, thank you for all that you have done. You saw us thru our darkest hour and we couldn't have made it through without your guidance."