Important Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Medical Team at Each Step of Your Fertility Journey
It can be difficult for even the most prepared to know the right questions to ask your doctor when discussing fertility. Some questions for your OB/GYN may be:
- How is my age affecting my ability to conceive?
- Will you order a semen analysis for my partner?
- How much experience do you have treating infertility patients?
While in treatment, you might also have questions for your fertility specialist, nurse or financial counselor:
- What treatment do you suggest? How many times should we try this treatment before considering other options?
- Do you provide training for administrating medication?
- What appointments are needed after I have a positive pregnancy test?
For many, the reality is “you don’t know what you don’t know” which makes it hard to find the right questions to ask your doctor and the appropriate time to ask them. Preparing for your next appointment doesn’t have to be difficult – download and print our newest resource for women and men trying to conceive “Asking the Right Questions”. This handy guide lists the important questions to ask at each step whether you are still with your OB/GYN or already seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist.
Video: Getting Started at Shady Grove Fertility
If you have questions about fertility or are ready to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility, please speak with one of our New Patient Liaisons at 877-971-7755.