TRAVELING TO SHADY GROVE FERTILITY
Three major airports, train service and metro rail make it convenient to travel to the Washington area. Our city and suburbs offer a wide range of accommodations to meet your lodging needs, many are located only a short driving distance from our Center. These include hotels, motels, and even suites with cooking facilities. The Washington, D.C. area is well known for its museums, fine restaurants, and other cultural activities… so you will be able to find lots to do while you are visiting with us for treatment. Below is a list of resources that you may find helpful before and during your stay.
LOCAL NEWS & WEATHER
This website connects you to either Dulles or Reagan National’s websites. They each have all kinds of information from which carriers fly into the airports, flight schedules, tourist info, maps, and more. This site is a comprehensive resource for travel to and in the DC area.
- Reagan National Airport: (703) 417-8000
- Dulles Airport: (703) 572-2700
- Baltimore/Washington International (BWI): (800) 435-9294
- Washington Flyer: provides transportation between Reagan and National Airports.
US Airways Shuttle and Delta Shuttle fly from National Airport to LaGuardia every hour starting at 6:00 a.m. Continental Shuttle flies from Newark to National on the hour from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Prices are also pretty reasonable.
- US Airways: www.usairways.com
- Delta Air Lines: www.delta.com
- Continental Air Lines: www.continental.com
These following links provide information on hotels and car rentals as well as cost effective airfare.
- Cheap Tickets, Inc: www.cheaptickets.com
- LowAirfare.com: www.lowairfare.com
- Lowestfare.com: www.lowestfare.com
- priceline.com Inc: www.priceline.com
- Travelocity.com: www.travelocity.com
Trains & Metro
- Amtrack: (800) 872-7245, www.amtrak.com, the Acela Train runs from Manhattan to DC in less than 3 hours.
- MARC Train: (800) 325-7245, www.mtamaryland.com
- Metro Rail: (202) 962-1234, www.wmata.com, for metro map, hours of metro rail & metro bus and fares.
All operate 24 hours a day and accept all major credit cards. Prices vary depending on which airport a person flies into and where they are headed. From National to Gaithersburg is around $30.
- Maryland Shuttle and Sedan: John Creamer – (301) 881-8800 or (410) 218-1000.
- SuperShuttle: (800) 258-3826, www.supershuttle.com.
- United Transport Service: (800) 517-5288, www.airportshuttle.baweb.com.
- Yellow Airport Shuttle: (800) 270-6070.
- United Transportation: (888) 881-4443, 24 hrs, all credit cards, www.utilimo.com
- A-1 Time Airport Services: (800) 692-1990.
- Millenium Corporate Sedan Services: (888) 772-9181.
- Washington Limo and Chauffer Services: (301) 947-1636 – Gaithersburg.
- Barwood Taxis Taxi Service: (800) 831-2323, www.taxisonlinenow.com
- Sedan service: (800) 521-9077, www.sedansonline.com
- Action Taxi: (301) 840-1000, provides transportation to airports and around Montgomery County (24 hours).
- Montgomery Taxi Cab Company: (301) 926-9300.
- California Transportation: (800) 914-2855, (301) 384-5563, (301) 881-8800 or by mobile phone: (410) 218-1000.
- Robin’s Limo Service: (888) 242-0432, guarantees the lowest prices in this area.
Courtyard Gaithersburg – Washingtonian Center
204 Boardwalk Place, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Gaithersburg Marriott – Washingtonian Center
9751 Washingtonian Boulevard, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
9715 Washingtonian Boulevard, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
2500 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850
Hilton Garden Inn – Rockville/Gaithersburg
14975 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850
Sheraton Rockville Hotel
920 King Farm Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850
FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT
- Welcome to Maryland: www.mdisfun.org
- Dining Website: dc.diningweb.com
- Movies showing in our area: www.moviefone.com
- Park Service: www.nps.gov
- Area & Weekend events, theater, concerts: www.washingtonian.com
- Smithsonian Museums: www.si.edu
- The Rio at Washingtonian Center: Kohl’s, Lane Bryant, Bath & Body Works, Borders Books, Target, Imaginarium, Galyan’s, CAHRA Spa and Salon, finewine.com, Lowe’s Movie Theater, Corner Bakery, Hamburger Hamlet, Guapo’s Cantina, Macaroni Grill, Joe’s Crab Shack, Rio Grande Café. Rico Rico, and more.
- Dave & Buster’s: White Flint Mall – food and entertainment, all types of video games and virtual reality, fake gambling, etc: www.daveandbusters.com
- National Zoo: nationalzoo.si.edu
- Baltimore Inner Harbor: www.baltimore.to/baltimore.html
- Lakeforest Mall
- Montgomery Mall
- White Flint Mall