As one of the nation’s leading fertility centers, Shady Grove Fertility offers patients living and working in the Richmond area access to advanced fertility treatment. Our newly opened office, located on 7607 Forest Ave, is open 5 days a week with weekday morning monitoring. Dr. Erika Johnston, Dr. Geof Tidey, Dr. Michael Edelstein, and Dr. Anish Shah, along with their highly trained medical staff, offer patients a warm and friendly atmosphere in the Richmond area.
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility in Richmond, VA.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia
- Choice Care/Humana
- Maven Clinic
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
*This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
**Our Richmond locations accept the insurance plans listed here for covered services, however, each office and lab differs in what services may be considered out of network. You may have benefits even for services that are considered out of network. We also offer a wide variety of innovative financial programs regardless of insurance coverage, including a refund guarantee program. Following your initial visit, our financial team will assist you in evaluating your benefits and our programs to find the best option for you.
From Forest Avenue:
- Head north on Forest Ave toward Weyanoke Rd
- Slight right to stay on Forest Ave
- Turn right onto Discovery Dr
- Turn left onto Honey Grove Dr
- Turn right
- Destination will be on the right
From Skipwith Road:
- Head south on Skipwith Rd toward Anoka Rd
- Turn right
- Destination will be on the left
Parking is located in the front of the building.
"I had setbacks all along but Dr. Johnston always had a new idea. She was always willing to talk about any questions or concerns. Her bed side manner is great. Talks to us like people and even emailed me personally after I got pregnant."
"Dr. Johnston-MacAnanny took the time to explain all of our previous test results with us and really listened to our concern. She explained everything very well and was empathetic and optimistic. I cannot say enough great things about our visit."
"This is the first time I've felt like my doctor understood what I'm going through and was going to help."