Shady Grove Fertility is the trusted source for fertility care of more than 1,800 referring physicians in the Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C., area. Drs. David Saffan, Eric Levens, Rachana Garde and Nicole Doyle, along with their dedicated staff, offer patients a warm and collaborative approach to patient treatment and care. The Fairfax, VA office, open 7 days a week with weekend monitoring.
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
- Virginia Living Magazine Top Doctors for Infertility
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Doctors for Infertility
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Annandale, VA office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Johns Hopkins Healthplan
- Medstar Health
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- VA Community Care Network
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
SGF’s Accepted Fertility Networks
SGF also partners with several fertility networks, or third-party administrators—companies/employers who offer additional fertility benefits, negotiate preferred service rates, and process claims on behalf of their employees as an employee benefit.
To determine your eligibility, please review our network participation list below. Some infertility networks may require patients to enroll directly with their organization before seeking treatment as a condition of eligibility. For more information on SGF’s third-party administrators, please contact your SGF Financial Counselor or ask your HR Department for the best way to contact.
- Maven Clinic
From Arlington VA:
- Take 50 West
- The building will be on your right
From Alexandria VA:
- Take 495/95 South
- Take exit 50A to 50 West/Arlington Blvd from 495 North
- The building will be on your left
From Centreville VA:
- Take 66 East
- Take exit 62 to Nutley Street South
- Take a left onto 50 East/Arlington Blvd
- The building will be on your right
Free parking garage available for patients.
- The building has two signs on the front: OrthoVirginia and Inova Medical Group
- The building is on Arlington Blvd between Prosperity Avenue and Williams Drive
- Two miles from the 495 50 West/Arlington Blvd exit
"Both my husband and I felt that Dr. Levens was one of the best doctors we have ever met. He was compassionate and upbeat about the process, and always took time to explain and answer any questions we had. When I called him for any concerns during the cycle, he was extremely prompt in returning the call and/or scheduling appointments.
Considering our experience at Shady Grove Fertility, I can honestly say that we both have never felt more at ease in a medical setting, and that's something special, because I am a bit of a nervous patient! Making the decision to move to donor eggs was not an easy one; that is why I am so grateful that we had the support we needed to make an educated decision that would ultimately lead to success. We are hoping that everything continues to go well with the next phase of our pregnancy!"
"My husband and I were very impressed with Dr. Levens and the way he treated us. He was extremely careful, approachable and knowledgeable. He offered us his contact information without hesitation. It is really refreshing to deal with a doctor that makes you feel like a patient (not a number) and that really cares about you and takes the time to listen to what the patient has to say. You seldom see that nowadays. We're glad we ended up having him to deal with our case (I had no preference of doctors when I first schedule my appointment)."
"On the day of the transfer, Dr. Levens was extremely kind, helpful, supportive and informative."
"Dr. Levens is very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy that he and I are on the same page and the appointment went very smoothly."
"Although I have not yet started my process, Dr. Levens has the best bedside manner that I've ever come across. He showed that he really cared, he took his time explaining the procedure, answered all of my questions patiently and he called and emailed me right away when I had follow up questions."