Shady Grove Fertility offers patients access to the most advanced fertility treatment and unique financial options in the heart of Philadelphia. Our Center City, office in Philadelphia, PA is open 5 days a week and is conveniently located a block away from all major transportation. Dr. Caleb Kallen and Dr. Brianna Schumacher along with the Center City medical team offer patients a personalized and collaborative approach to fertility treatment and care.
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
- Named Family Favorite Business by Main Line Parent
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Center City office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Amerihealth HMO*
- Capital Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Health America*
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Keystone HMO
- Maven Clinic
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare (excludes Navigate & Compass)
- United Medical Resources
- VA Community Care Network
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
SGF’s Accepted Fertility Networks
SGF also partners with several fertility networks, or third-party administrators—companies/employers who offer additional fertility benefits, negotiate preferred service rates, and process claims on behalf of their employees as an employee benefit.
To determine your eligibility, please review our network participation list below. Some infertility networks may require patients to enroll directly with their organization before seeking treatment as a condition of eligibility. For more information on SGF’s third-party administrators, please contact your SGF Financial Counselor or ask your HR Department for the best way to contact.
- Maven Clinic
From the new jersey turnpike
- Take NJ Turnpike to exit 4 and follow signs to Route 73 North approx 1 mile to Route 38 West
- Follow approx. 6 miles to cross Benjamin Franklin Bridge and follow signs to Vine Street (76W)
- Follow Vine Street approx. 1 1/4 mile
- Turn left onto N. 15th Street
- Turn right onto John F. Kennedy Boulevard, turn left onto N. 17th Street, and turn left onto Market Street.
FROM THE pennsylvania turnpike or schuylkill expressway
- Take PA Turnpike to Exit 24 Philadelphia/Valley Forge Exit and follow signs to I-76 East (Schuylkill Expressway)
- Follow I-76 East for approx. 18 miles to Camden/Center City Exit (this exit is on the left)
- Follow the 23rd Street exit towards Ben Franklin Parkway
- Keep left at the fork in the ramp
- Stay straight to go onto Winter Street
- Turn right onto North 21st Street
- Turn left onto Market Street
FROM points north via i-95
- Exit at Center City exit and take 676 West
- Enter 676 at the Broad Street exit, this puts you on 15th street going South
- Turn right onto John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- Turn left onto N. 17th Street
- Turn left onto Market Street to 1515 Market Street
FROM POINTS South VIA I-95
- Take 1-95 N to Broad Street Exit
- Follow Broad Street North 3.2 miles to Spruce Street
- Turn left on Spruce Street, proceed 2 blocks to 16th Street
- Turn right onto 16th Street, proceed 5 blocks to Market Street
- Turn right on Market Street
"My husband and I spent 9 months receiving treatment from another 'highly" recommended fertility provider in the area. After ZERO success we decided to leave and give one last chance for IUI with Shady Grove. What a world of difference, Dr. Kallen and the entire staff at SGF provided top level patient care with kindness and empathy that resulted in pregnancy after three short months! Don't waste precious time anywhere else!"
"Dr. Kallen took time to meet with my husband and I personally several times before helping us decide the best route for us to achieve our goal of pregnancy. He took time out of one of his weekends off to call me after a particularly difficult appointment to talk me through about important decision. When we had concerns he made sure to address them. When we finally got our positive result, he called me and shared in my joy! We highly recommend Dr. Kallen to any couple struggling to conceive!"
"Dr. Kallen was very informative and focused on our physical and emotional well-being through the whole process. My thoughts and input were welcome throughout the treatment process. I have already recommended him to others."
"Dr. Kallen was very helpful, knowledgeable, compassionate, and confident. He came up with a treatment plan and it worked right away, despite the odds. His staff is so nice and super responsive as well. I have recommended this practice to others already!"
""He was so helpful, very informative and factual, very knowledgeable and his treatment strategy worked right away. He was very confident, despite my concerns! He took extra time with my first ultrasound and helped me feel comfortable when I was really nervous."