As one of the nation’s leading fertility centers, Shady Grove Fertility offers patients in Montgomery County – Silver Spring access to advanced fertility treatment and unique financial options. Our Silver Spring location is a satellite office and is specially designed to offer patients access to new patient consultation and follow-up appointments with Dr. Lauren Roth in a setting that’s closer to home. For monitoring, diagnostic, and other appointments, patients will have the option of visiting the Rockville, MD location-or any of our other full-service locations.
- New Patient Appointments
- Follow-up Appointments
- IUI, IVF, and Donor Egg Treatment
- Egg Freezing Consultation
- OncoFertility Consultation
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Silver Spring, MD office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Adventist Healthnet
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (Some Maryland providers may be out of range for this insurance plan. If you have this plan, confirm with your insurance provider or our New Patient Center about coverage.)
- Anthem HealthKeepers*
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of D.C.
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland
- CareFirst BlueChoice HMO*
- Carefirst National Capital Area
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Meritain Health
- Medstar Health
- MultiPlan Network
- OneNet PPO
- Optum Healthcare
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Oxford
- United Healthcare MDIPA/Optimum Choice
- United Resource Network*
- Veterans Choice PCCC
If your insurance network is not listed, please call our New Patient Center at 1-888-761-1967 to see if we have added new insurance companies or to learn more about our financial programs.
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
The Maryland Insurance Article Section 15-810, "Benefits for In Vitro Fertilization," requires health and hospital insurance policies issued within the state that provide pregnancy benefits to also cover the cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF). There is a limit of three IVF attempts per live birth; not to exceed a maximum lifetime benefit of $100,000.
For contracts that follow the Maryland mandate, benefits are provided when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient must be a policyholder or subscriber, or a covered spouse of the policyholder or subscriber.
- The patient is unable to get pregnant through less-expensive covered treatments.
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient and her spouse must have at least a 2-year history of involuntary infertility or infertility must be associated with one or more of the following conditions
- Fetal exposure to diethylstilbestrol, also known as DES
- Blocked or surgically removed Fallopian tubes
- Abnormal male factors, including oligospermia, contributing to the infertility
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient’s eggs must be fertilized with the patient’s spouse’s sperm.
- For patients whose spouse is of the same sex, there must be six attempts of artificial insemination over the course of 2 years failing to result in pregnancy.
- IVF must be performed at a facility that conforms to the standards set by the American Fertility Society and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Regulations that took effect in 1994 exempt businesses with 50 or fewer employees from having to provide IVF coverage. [Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 31.11.06.06 (B) (11).]
- Religious organizations offering health benefits to their employees may request that carriers exclude IVF benefits; there must be bona fide religious beliefs and practices that prohibit IVF.
- I-270 S.
- Capital Beltway/I-495 E toward College Park/Silver Spring.
- Georgia Ave/MD-97 S via EXIT 31B toward Silver Spring.
- Turn left onto Spring St.
- Spring St becomes Cedar St.
- Turn right onto Pershing St
"Dr. Roth is amazing! After dealing with infertility for about 4 years, she was so kind and understanding. She made the rest of our fertility journey an extremely positive experience. She was always available to answer any and all questions I had and was always very quick to respond to any concerns. I will forever be grateful for her help in the successful fertility treatment, pregnancy, and birth of my precious daughter!"
"Dr. Roth is the type of steady professional you need for something as challenging as infertility treatment. Thanks to her we now have a beautiful, healthy, baby girl after almost giving up hope after years of trying. She is honest, realistic, and determined. She explained everything clearly, listened to our concerns and respected our choices while communicating her professional opinion. She was also very accessible always replying to emails and phone messages during my wife's IVF treatment."
"Dr. Roth was wonderful. She helped us conceive our third child after a devastating ectopic pregnancy. She remained optimistic even though my maternal age proved to be an obstacle with my egg numbers and viability. She was almost as excited as I was when we saw my son's heartbeat for the first time. She really cares about her patients and helping them bring children into this world. She's awesome."
"I would highly recommend Dr. Roth to anyone and everyone. My experience was amazing and so positive. Dr. Roth was so patient with us when explaining our options and how the process worked. She was always available and willing to answer any questions that came up along the way. I truly felt like she wanted my husband and I to have a baby as much as we did and that support was crucial to us throughout our IVF journey."