With more than 13,000 treatment cycles performed last year alone, Shady Grove Fertility is one of the most experienced fertility centers in the United States. Our Hagerstown, MD satellite office is specially designed to offer patients access to new patient consultations and follow-up appointments closer to home. Dr. Jason Bromer and the Hagerstown clinical team offer convenient access to care in your neighborhood.
Services At This location
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- New Patient Appointments
- Follow-up Appointments
- Financial Counseling
- Cycle Monitoring
Services available at our nearby full-service fertility center
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Hagerstown, MD office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Adventist Healthnet
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (Some Maryland providers may be out of range for this insurance plan. If you have this plan, confirm with your insurance provider or our New Patient Center about coverage.)
- Anthem HealthKeepers*
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of D.C.
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland
- CareFirst BlueChoice HMO*
- Carefirst National Capital Area
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Maven Clinic
- Meritain Health
- Medstar Health
- MultiPlan Network
- OneNet PPO
- Optum Healthcare
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Oxford
- United Healthcare MDIPA/Optimum Choice
- United Resource Network*
- Veterans Choice PCCC
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
The Maryland Insurance Article Section 15-810, "Benefits for In Vitro Fertilization," requires health and hospital insurance policies issued within the state that provide pregnancy benefits to also cover the cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF). There is a limit of three IVF attempts per live birth; not to exceed a maximum lifetime benefit of $100,000.
For contracts that follow the Maryland mandate, benefits are provided when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient must be a policyholder or subscriber, or a covered spouse of the policyholder or subscriber.
- The patient is unable to get pregnant through less-expensive covered treatments.
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient and her spouse must have at least a 2-year history of involuntary infertility or infertility must be associated with one or more of the following conditions
- Fetal exposure to diethylstilbestrol, also known as DES
- Blocked or surgically removed Fallopian tubes
- Abnormal male factors, including oligospermia, contributing to the infertility
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient’s eggs must be fertilized with the patient’s spouse’s sperm.
- For patients whose spouse is of the same sex, there must be six attempts of artificial insemination over the course of 2 years failing to result in pregnancy.
- IVF must be performed at a facility that conforms to the standards set by the American Fertility Society and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Regulations that took effect in 1994 exempt businesses with 50 or fewer employees from having to provide IVF coverage. [Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 31.11.06.06 (B) (11).]
- Religious organizations offering health benefits to their employees may request that carriers exclude IVF benefits; there must be bona fide religious beliefs and practices that prohibit IVF.
Effective January 1, 2021, Maryland’s infertility insurance law no longer has a marriage requirement, and the 2-year “waiting” period has been reduced to 1 year of unprotected sexual intercourse or three attempts of artificial insemination in the course of a year.
I-70 West from frederick and boonsboro, MD or I-70 east from hancock, pa and wv:
- At exit 32B, take ramp for US-40 West toward Hagerstown.
- Follow the US-40 "Dual Highway" through 2 traffic lights.
- Turn right onto Eastern Blvd N.
- Stay in the right lane for a few hundred feet, turn right onto Professional Ct. (at a traffic light; Sheetz on the opposite side).
- Turn left onto Cameo Dr.
- Follow to turn right on Imperial Dr.
- 1st parking lot on the right for that 1st building, go to second floor suite 200.
Ample free parking is available for patients.