As one of the nation’s leading fertility centers, Shady Grove Fertility offers patients living and working in the Frederick County area access to advanced fertility treatment and unique financial options. Our Frederick, MD office offers patients a quiet setting conveniently located for local and out-of-town patients. Drs. Jason Bromer and Lauren Roth, as well as the entire Frederick medical team offer an individualized approach to fertility treatment.
- New Patient Appointments
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Frederick, MD office, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule an appointment online.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Adventist Healthnet
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (Some Maryland providers may be out of range for this insurance plan. If you have this plan, confirm with your insurance provider or our New Patient Center about coverage.)
- Anthem HealthKeepers*
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of D.C.
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland
- CareFirst BlueChoice HMO*
- Carefirst National Capital Area
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Maven Clinic
- Meritain Health
- Medstar Health
- MultiPlan Network
- OneNet PPO
- Optum Healthcare
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Oxford
- United Healthcare MDIPA/Optimum Choice
- United Resource Network*
- Veterans Choice PCCC
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
The Maryland Insurance Article Section 15-810, "Benefits for In Vitro Fertilization," requires health and hospital insurance policies issued within the state that provide pregnancy benefits to also cover the cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF). There is a limit of three IVF attempts per live birth; not to exceed a maximum lifetime benefit of $100,000.
For contracts that follow the Maryland mandate, benefits are provided when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient must be a policyholder or subscriber, or a covered spouse of the policyholder or subscriber.
- The patient is unable to get pregnant through less-expensive covered treatments.
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient and her spouse must have at least a 2-year history of involuntary infertility or infertility must be associated with one or more of the following conditions
- Fetal exposure to diethylstilbestrol, also known as DES
- Blocked or surgically removed Fallopian tubes
- Abnormal male factors, including oligospermia, contributing to the infertility
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient’s eggs must be fertilized with the patient’s spouse’s sperm.
- For patients whose spouse is of the same sex, there must be six attempts of artificial insemination over the course of 2 years failing to result in pregnancy.
- IVF must be performed at a facility that conforms to the standards set by the American Fertility Society and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Regulations that took effect in 1994 exempt businesses with 50 or fewer employees from having to provide IVF coverage. [Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 31.11.06.06 (B) (11).]
- Religious organizations offering health benefits to their employees may request that carriers exclude IVF benefits; there must be bona fide religious beliefs and practices that prohibit IVF.
Effective January 1, 2021, Maryland’s infertility insurance law no longer has a marriage requirement, and the 2-year “waiting” period has been reduced to 1 year of unprotected sexual intercourse or three attempts of artificial insemination in the course of a year.
From Harrisburg, PA
1. Route 15 S
2. Exit on Hayward Rd.
3. Left at Thomas Johnson Dr.
From Hagerstown, MD
1. 70 East
2. 15 north
3. Turn right onto Motter Ave
4. Continue onto Opossumtown Pike
5. Turn right onto Thomas Johnson Dr
Parking is available in the front of building
"Just wanted to take a moment to say Thank You! Regardless of the outcome, I can’t express enough how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to meet you and the staff at Shady Grove Fertility. The last few years have been full of frustration, resentment and unanswered questions…if nothing more should come of this – I want you to know how much your kindness, attention and answers have meant to me and my husband. You have succeeded in making me feel “special” and have truly taken my well-being into consideration throughout all of this and for that alone I am grateful. My only regret is not coming here sooner...you should know the impact you and the staff have had. Thank you so much for last week’s consultation. Your kindness, enthusiasm and compassion were so appreciated. Although we’re thinking positive thoughts and hoping for the best, what’s most important is that you treated me so much nicer than just numbers on a scale. Thank you for that! It’s not often that you happen upon such kindness. Thank you."
"Thank you to all of the staff for making our hopes of a family become a reality. We appreciate all of your support and kindness ! You all are wonderful people who truly make dreams come true!"
"Tonight, as we put our daughter to bed and read books to our son before tucking him in, I felt the need to send you a note to thank you for all that you and everyone at Shady Grove did to make those moments happen. It is hard for us to believe, but we celebrated our son's third birthday today, and in a couple of months we will mark our daughter's first year. Our children bring us unspeakable joy and we love them more than we though possible. Hardly a day goes by when I don't pause to think of you and send up a little prayer of gratitude for you. We hope you are well and look forward to seeing you some day so you can see what a sweet boy our son is and enjoy our daughter's laugh."
"My husband and I wanted to thank you for everything you have done for us in achieving our dream of having a child. With your help, our son was born. We have been enjoying him the past three months as a family of three and cannot express how grateful we are to have walked our fertility journey with you and your staff. It was encouraging to work closely with your staff as we proceeded with diagnostics and different treatments. We both felt cared for and our frustrations were understood during the months at your clinic. Your personnel have always been warm, inviting , and empathetic to your patients needs and we are so thankful for all you have done. With much gratitude."