About Arthur W. Sagoskin, M.D.
Arthur W. Sagoskin, M.D., along with Michael Levy, M.D., is the co-founder of Shady Grove Fertility Center. Dr. Sagoskin has greater than 25 years of experience in reproductive endocrinology and infertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization. He graduated from the Medical College of Pennsylvania (now Drexel University College of Medicine) and completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the Allentown Affiliated Hospital-Lehigh Valley Hospital Center in Pennsylvania. Dr. Sagoskin previously served in the Commissioned Corp of the US Public Health Service/Indian Health Service in Tahlequah, OK, and is a board certified gynecologist with expertise in infertility, in vitro fertilization, and operative laparoscopy. He is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Georgetown University School of Medicine, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Allentown Affiliated Hospital
Awards & Recognition
- Washingtonian‘s Top Doctors for Infertility (1998-2019)
- Best Doctors (1998-2014)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
Q & A
Q: Why did you become a doctor/reproductive endocrinologist?
A: I love helping people and assisting people who are having difficulty in having a baby or at least having them feel we have done the best for them if we are not successful.
Q: What are your hobbies?
Q: What about SGF makes you the most proud?
A: As a founding partner, along with Michael Levy, I am most proud of the growth and success of the practice because this has allowed us to help so many people have a baby. Our philosophy and mission has always been to place the interests, needs, and well-being of our patients first above all else. This has allowed us to be successful.
Q: Describe a time when you were inspired by a patient.
A: I am inspired every day by the persistence and strength I observe in patients’ determination to proceed with such demanding processes in their quest to have a baby.
Q: What is your approach to helping patients who are struggling?
A: I feel I need to empathize with their situation, try to feel what they are feeling, and listen to them without judgment but only with support, encouragement, and honesty.
I am inspired every day by the persistence and strength I observe in patients’ determination to proceed with such demanding processes in their quest to have a baby.
“My husband and I will forever be grateful to Dr. Sagoskin for his professional and medical knowledge. He will help you throughout the entire process until he gets you the best outcome. Many thanks to all the staff but special thanks goes to Allyson who was such a kind and always available nurse. I highly recommend Dr. Sagoskin to anyone who been dreaming to start a family.”
“Dr. Sagoskin is such an amazing doctor. He is knowledgeable, professional, caring and helpful. He was always there to answer our questions and help us through this long and trying process. We were always confident in his level of expertise, skill and dedication. We feel blessed to have had him as our doctor. You can tell Dr. Sagoskin really cares about his patients and does everything in his power to help them achieve their goal of having a child.”
“Class act and top notch clinician. Dr. Sagoskin is a true leader in his field. I’ve had an excellent experience with Dr. Sagoskin and his nurse Tina Linton through our families infertility struggles. I could always count on him and Tina for encouragement, patience and understanding. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to be my physician!”
“I found Dr. Sagoskin to be very knowledgeable and personable. Fertility is a journey and he was prepared with next steps on how to proceed, provided patience when explaining medical results and procedures, and provided empathy and emotional support on a personal level. I cannot say enough about his support staff as well. I highly recommend Tina Linton as a nurse. She is quick, responsive, and supportive. She was even willing to meet after hours when I had a medication issue! Overall – excellent.”
“Dr. Sagoskin lead us through our journey to become pregnant. His initial consultation was personal, detailed, and professional. He was always available for questions throughout the treatment and checked in with me personally when I experienced pain due to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. My monitoring nurse answered all my questions within less than 12 hours – no matter how minute they were. I would highly recommend him and his staff for any infertility needs.”
“I would definitely recommend Dr. Sagoskin to any family or friends. He took great care in handling such a sensitive time as infertility. We felt that he understood our specific case and, although there were some additional issues throughout the IVF process, he always provided a clear explanation and a recommendation that always worked out. I am so glad we had him as our doctor!”
“Dr. Sagoskin is the reason I have my daughter. He explained everything to my husband and I so clearly. We never felt rushed or pressured into anything. He was honest and realistic with us and we are forever grateful to him for giving us our family.”
“Dr. Sagoskin and his team were absolutely wonderful. I am truly grateful for all their help. We are now a family thanks to them. Dr. Sagoskin is an expert in his field, but that is not the only thing that makes him great at his job. He is able to understand and relate to a patient on a personal level. Tina, his nurse coordinator, is so pleasant and understanding. She is also an expert in her field. She made every step of the treatment easy to understand and was always available.”
“We cannot thank Dr. Sagoskin and his team enough for helping us bring our beautiful daughter into the world. They were great to work with, always provided as much info as possible and were receptive throughout the whole process.”
“Words cannot describe how happy my family and I are with Dr. Sagoskin’s care, professionalism, and bedside manner. My husband and I struggled to conceive for over 2 years, due to male factor infertility. Dr. Sagoskin and the SGF Team took great care of us during our treatment and after. We ended up getting pregnant with IVF/ ICSI and conceived on the first round. Last week we welcomed our healthy, 9lb baby girl into the world without any complications. I will forever be grateful to Shady Grove Fertility and Dr. Sagoskin.”
“My husband and I began our treatment with Dr. Sagoskin in October of 2014 and would continue through June of this year. We had tried for several years to get pregnant on our own with no luck before finally scheduling an initial consultation. Our first meeting was lengthy–Dr. Sagoskin was very thorough in reviewing our medical histories and explaining our options based on our particular situation. My husband and I appreciated his professionalism and positivity and immediately began down the path of IVF/FET. Though we faced several hurdles along the way, Dr. Sagoskin was accessible to answer any and all of our questions and concerns and remained confident, maintaining our hope for a positive outcome. The day after Christmas of this year, my husband and I were blessed to welcome healthy twin babies. We can’t begin to express how grateful we are to Dr. Sagoskin, our wonderful nurse and the rest of the doctors, nurses and staff and Shady Grove Fertility who have all been a part of our journey.”
- Sagoskin AW, Levy MJ, Tucker MJ, Richter KS, Widra EA. Laser assisted hatching in good prognosis patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer: a randomized controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 2007;87:283-7.
- Han TS, Sagoskin AW, Graham JR, Tucker MJ, Liebermann J. Laser-assisted human embryo biopsy on the third day of development for preimplantation genetic diagnosis: two successful case reports. Fertil Steril. 2003;80:453-5.
- Sagoskin AW, Lessey BA, Mottla GL, et al. Salpingectomy or proximal tubal occlusion of unilateral hydrosalpinx increases the potential for spontaneous pregnancy. Hum Reprod.2003;18:2634-7.
- Sagoskin AW, Han T, Graham JR, Levy MJ, Stillman RJ, Tucker MJ. Healthy twin delivery after day 7 blastocyst transfer coupled with assisted hatching. Fertil Steril. 2002;77:615-7.
- Levy M, Sagoskin A, Stillman R, Widra W, Mottla G, Greenhouse S. The debate continues on “money back guarantees.” Fertil Steril. 1999;72:748-9.
- Murray DL, Sagoskin AW, Widra EA, Levy MJ. The adverse effect of hydrosalpinges on in vitro fertilization pregnancy rates and the benefit of surgical correction. Fertil Steril. 1998;69:41-5.
- Meyer WR, Castelbaum AJ, Somkuti S, et al. Hydrosalpinges adversely affect markers of endometrial receptivity. Hum Reprod. 1997;12:1393-8.
- Levy MJ, Smotrich DB, Widra EA, Sagoskin AW, Murray DL, Hall JL. The predictive value of serum progesterone and 17-OH progesterone levels on in vitro fertilization outcome. J Assist Reprod Genet. 1995;12:161-6.