About stephanie beall, M.D., ph.d.
Stephanie Beall, M.D., Ph.D., received her medical degree and doctorate in 2006 from Brown University. Dr. Beall’s research at Brown University focused on the effect of environmental toxicants on reproduction. She completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. Dr. Beall then went on to complete her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Beall has published numerous papers on infertility and has presented research findings and scientific data at national meetings.
Dr. Beall's primary interests include diminished ovarian function and fertility preservation. She also holds special interest in how women cope with the stress of infertility and how cultural beliefs affect the care couples seek while trying to start a family. She emphasizes a personalized approach in care, bearing in mind the couple’s medical and emotional needs. Dr. Beall is medical contributor for The Huffington Post.
Originally from Akron, OH, Dr. Beall has been living in the Baltimore area with her family while completing her fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, National Institutes of Health
Awards & Recognition
- Sigma Xi: The Scientific Research Society
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The Society of Reproductive Surgeons
"I saw Dr. Beall in the Columbia, MD office. After our initial tests, she sat down with us to explain our best options to have a baby. She always made us feel comfortable and was willing to answer any and all of our questions. Dr. Beall also did both of my egg retrievals and I could not have felt more comfortable knowing I was in her care. She is a kind and caring doctor and we are so glad that she was our doctor. With her help and diagnosis, we were able to get pregnant with IVF on our second try. I would recommend her to anyone."
"Dr. Beall is truly a blessing! She is the second and only female doctor that I worked with at Shady Grove. I appreciated working with a woman who understood my feelings and body. She was always informative and honest about options and made sure that I felt comfortable throughout the process. With her help, I am now 14 weeks pregnant as a result of one cycle of IVF. I can't thank her and the staff at Shady Grove [Columbia site] enough! I am looking forward to becoming a first-time mom!"
"I was treated in the Baltimore office. I have never had such a good experience in the medical world as I have at Shady Grove. The office staff are incredibly helpful, they always answer phones, the nurses are amazing and the doctors are knowledgeable. I've been working with Dr. Beall for about a year due to various treatments I've needed. She is kind and open to questions of all kinds. I never feel rushed in her presence and she is readily available by phone. I completed two rounds of IVF (I am pregnant now) and after watching the decisions she made, and the outcomes, I would recommend her completely."
"Dr. Beall was so helpful and took the time to understand my situation. Very pleasant experience. Thank you so much!"
"Dr. Beall is a very good listener. Overall, she seemed calm and caring."
"I was very impressed with the length of time Dr. Beall spent with us."
"She took extra time to be sure all of my questions were answered and that I understood everything we were going to do. She is fantastic!"
"Our experience with Dr. Beall was more than we could have asked for. Her patience and willingness to explain everything to us greatly helped our great experience. She provided the best guidance possible to ensure we had the most effective and successful treatment."
"Dr. Beall was absolutely wonderful to have as our doctor. She always told us that we would have a family and was so encouraging through the process. It was especially needed after many failed attempts . We went through a fresh transfer that ended in miscarriage then a frozen which I'm now 14 weeks with a healthy baby on the way! We cannot wait to come back for baby #2 and have Dr. Beall help us with that process again!"
"My experience with Dr. Beall was fantastic. I made my first appointment with her as a terrified individual but came out of the experience with answers, more support, and a pregnancy. From the very first appointment she made me feel comfortable, supported, and answered every question with care. I feel lucky to have been her patient and would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility. If I ever needed her again in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to go back."
"Dr. Beall is a very kind and efficient doctor with my issue. She took time to listen to all my concerns. It took only 2 months (for all the tests), with one cycle of fertility treatment to conceive. I’m impressed with her treatment and care! I recommend her, she is absolutely wonderful. SGF nurses that followed up with my case were great too."
- Levy G, Hill M, Beall S, Pilgrim JD, Payson M, Propst A. Falling estradiol levels on day after human chorionic gonadotropin administration in assisted reproductive technology cycles are not predictive of decreasing oocyte maturity or pregnancy rates. J Reprod Med. 2014;59(5-6):255-9.
- Crocker MK, Barak S, Millo CM, et al. Clinical case seminar: use of PET/CT Scan to identify and localize adrenal rest tissue following adrenalectomy in a woman with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. J Clin Endo Metab. 2012;97(11):e2084-9.
- Beall SA, DeCherney A. Management of tubal ectopic pregnancy: methotrexate and salpingostomy are preferred to preserve fertility. Fertil Steril. 2012;98(5):1118-20.
- Levy G, Hill MJ, Beall S, Zarek SM, Segars JH, Catherino W. Leiomyoma: genetics, assisted reproduction, pregnancy and therapeutic advances. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29(8):703-12.
- Beall SA, DeCherney A. The history and challenges surrounding ovarian stimulation in the treatment of infertility. Fertil Steril. 2012;97(4):795-801.
- Beall S, Brenner C, Segars J. Oocyte maturation failure: a syndrome of bad eggs. Fertil Steril. 2010;94(7):2507-13.