“One morning to walk one mile to unite one community.”
D.C. Walk of Hope
National Harbor, MD
June 6, 2015 at 10 a.m.
(Check-in opens at 9 a.m.)
Shady Grove Fertility is a proud sponsor of RESOLVE’s 2015 D.C. Walk of Hope to raise awareness and funding for the infertility community. The Walk of Hope, which occurs in cities across the nation from Los Angeles to Chicago to Washington, D.C., is RESOLVE’s signature fundraising event.
The funds raised through the Walk of Hope support RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association programming, such as support groups, educational content, public awareness initiatives, and advocacy efforts to ensure that family building options are available to everyone.
RESOLVE Facts about Infertility in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- More than 325,000 people in the Mid-Atlantic region are affected by infertility, yet current funding only supports 23 RESOLVE local support groups.
- Maryland is the only state in the area with an insurance mandate that covers infertility treatment.
- In 2012, RESOLVE helped defeat a bill in Virginia that would have endangered the practice of in vitro fertilization (IVF). Funds from events like the Walk of Hope enable RESOLVE to perform this kind of advocacy.
- RESOLVE’s headquarters are located in Virginia.
D.C. Walk of Hope – Why We Walk
At Shady Grove Fertility, we walk to show solidarity with the infertility community. Hope is a precious emotion and defines what we do and how we do it. The greatest technological and scientific advancements have no value if one does not have hope. The Walk of Hope represents more than just putting on a t-shirt and coming out to walk a mile—it’s a movement. A movement to tell the community that they are not alone and to inspire hope; a movement to make friends and family aware of what those with infertility feel; and a movement to raise money to help individuals have access to build their family and for legislators to consider expanding and creating greater coverage.
Join us in National Harbor, Maryland on June 6, 2015, to raise hope and awareness and to remind others that they are not alone.
- Join Shady Grove Fertility’s Walk of Hope teams: K Street Cares and Shady Grove Fertility. Registration is free.
- Donate to the Walk of Hope and RESOLVE’s fundraising efforts.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or learn more about Shady Grove Fertility, our New Patient Liaisons are ready to help. Please call 877-971-7755.