Shady Grove Fertility understands fertility treatment can be an expensive process, and that many patients will not have insurance benefits for their treatment. As such, SGF created the Shared Help Discount Program, which allows patients to obtain a discount on fertility treatment, based on their gross income and lack of insurance, or insurance coverage for fertility treatment. Shared Help provides a 5% or 15% discount on fertility treatment, based on gross annual income for the patient and partner, if applicable, and requires pre-approval. Shared Help is an income-based program that offers a discount on most treatment and procedures performed at SGF.
- Patients that lack insurance coverage for fertility treatment, and are classified as “self-pay”
- No insurance benefits for treatment
- Denied insurance coverage
- The annual gross income for the patient and partner, as applicable. The income of both patient and partner must be reviewed, regardless of marital status or living arrangements.
- Gross income will be based on the IRS U.S. Federal Tax Return for the prior year
- Patients or couples with a gross income between $80,000-$90,000 may be eligible for a 5% discount
- Patients or couples with a gross income less than $80,000 may be eligible for a 15% discount
- Shared Help cannot be combined with insurance or other discounts
- Patients will complete an application including an IRS U.S. Federal Tax Transcript for the prior year
- Couples much each prove a tax transcript
- Patients must meet the eligibility criteria outline above
- Patients must reapply annually for the Shared Help Discount Program
- Qualified patients will be notified one week after submitting a completed application including tax transcript
- Diagnostic testing
- Provider consults
- Services outside of the treatment cycle
- Shared Risk 100% Refund Program
- Multi-Cycle Discount Program
- Costs related to riders or supplemental fees including, but not limited to:
- Donor egg, donor sperm, gestational carrier expenses
Single cycle treatment is eligible the Shared Help Discount Program. Multi-Cycle Discount Program and Shared Risk 100% Refund Programs are ineligible for Shared Help. Included single cycle treatments are:
- Timed intercourse
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- IVF with donor egg or gestational carrier
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET)
- Egg freezing
- Egg thawing
- Embryo donation
HOW TO APPLY
- If you are a current patient and meet the eligible criteria please download the Shared Help Application.
- Applications must be complete in full for both patient and partner, as applicable, along with an IRS U.S. Federal Tax Transcript.
- Once the application and tax transcript are submitted through the Patient Portal, the eligibility review will take approximately one week.