Shady Grove Fertility offers two military discount options. For active U.S. military and reservists, SGF’s Military Discount Program offers a 15% discount off qualifying self-pay rates. Additionally, for veterans with service-related injuries impacting fertility, SGF in partnership with the Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) will provide a 25% discount on treatment. Medication discounts are available for active, reservist, veteran, and retired military.
TREATMENT DISCOUNT FOR ACTIVE U.S. MILITARY AND RESERVISTS
- Active U.S. military or reservist with U.S. military identification card presented at the time of initial consult
- Must be a current or new patient
- No insurance coverage for fertility treatment
- Patients may not use if enrolled in a clinical trial or research study
ELIGIBLE DISCOUNTED SERVICES
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) single cycle fees
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) single cycle fees
- IVF with donor egg single cycle fees (not all fees are eligible for discount)
- Egg freezing single cycle fees
INELIGIBLE DISCOUNTED SERVICES
The Shared Risk 100% Refund Program is not eligible for any form of discount.
Discounts do not apply to insurance, including co-pays and deductibles.
Discounts do not apply to select SGF services or when the fees are paid to an outside service, including:
- Assure Fertility Programs for Egg Freezing
- IVF with Donor Egg (only select fees are eligible for discount)
- Multi-cycle and Shared Risk Programs or Program Riders
- Shady Grove Fertility Ambulatory Surgery Center charges
- Cryopreservation and storage charges
- Pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
- ESSURE procedure
- Pre-screening (day-3 bloodwork, semen analysis, mock embryo transfer (ET), hysterosalpingogram (HSG), saline sonogram, ultrasound, surgery, endometrial biopsy, mock cycle, injection class)
- All outside testing, including: HSG, infectious disease testing, genetic testing, preimplantation genetic lab analysis
- All hospital, outside urologist, and outside anesthesia charges
- Embryo batching
- Social worker/psychologist charges
- Shipping and supply charges (i.e., collection condoms)
- Insurance co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance fees
HeartforHeroes from Ferring Pharmaceuticals helps eligible veterans and their spouses get select fertility medications at no cost. Eligible patients include those who are medically separated from active duty, who are Department of Defense Category 2 or 3 veterans, with a service-related injury resulting in infertility and requiring assisted reproduction, or patients and/or spouses with no insurance coverage for IVF medications. Must be residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. For more information and eligibility, call 1-800-515-DRUG (3748).
The Compassionate Care Program from EMD Serono is available to eligible patients who may not otherwise be able to afford fertility medication. The Compassionate Care program provides eligible active, veteran, or retired military a minimum of 25% off of EMD Serono products, such as Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel.
Additional pharmaceutical discounts may be available. Learn more at https://www.shadygrovefertility.com/affording-care/medications
TREATMENT DISCOUNTS FOR U.S. VETERANS WITH SERVICE-RELATED INJURIES
In July 2021, the Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) announced its partnership with US Fertility to drive awareness of discounted fertility treatments for veterans with service-related injuries to help them grow their families. For 5 years, the Bob Woodruff Foundation’s Veterans In-Vitro InitiAtive (VIVA) has complemented fertility treatment services provided by the government to ensure military service does not preclude veterans from growing their families. This partnership with US Fertility is a natural extension of BWF’s work to help veterans with service-connected injuries to grow their families.
US Fertility is proud to support a network-wide discount of 25% on services for our veterans with service-related injuries affecting their fertility, complementing fertility care provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Through their VIVA program, the Bob Woodruff Foundation acts as a necessary adjunct to services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) by assisting couples who are not eligible for this set program. For example, the inclusive eligibility criteria that BWF offers includes funding for the use of donor sperm, eggs and surrogates, more flexibility in regard to the nature of the service-related wound or injury, or the applicant’s age, as well as a quicker application process. The Bob Woodruff Foundation provides up to $5,000 to eligible veterans, most of whom are ineligible for the VA-funded program.
For more information, speak with your Financial Counselor.