Knowing Your Benefits
Financial considerations are an important part of any medical care, especially in the decision to pursue advanced fertility treatment. Our financial coordinators are at your service to explain the cost of treatment and the extent of your infertility insurance benefit prior to initiating therapy. Their expertise allows them to help maximize the insurance benefits that may be available to you through your insurance plan.
Benefit Verification Guidelines
We understand that dealing with the insurance companies regarding your infertility coverage might be a little intimidating at first glance. In order to protect yourself from incurring fees that may not be covered by your insurance plan you must obtain written verification of your benefits.
The insurance companies have specific guidelines to help you determine the extent of your fertility benefits. They are obligated to provide you with this information. Typically, the information is delivered only in response to specific questions asked by the insured and some important information may be omitted unintentionally.
1. To verify insurance benefits please refer to the customer service phone number printed on your insurance card. We recommend that you do the following:
- Specifically ask for benefits relating to infertility,
- Obtain name of customer service representative giving you information,
- Document date and time of phone call,
- Request written confirmation of benefits.
2. Review benefits booklet, this is provided by your employer if you are part of a group plan. Copy section that pertains to infertility benefits if applicable.
3. If treatment is covered by your insurance plan, you will need to supply written confirmation of benefits to the business office. This should be in letter format from your insurance carrier, or copies from your benefits book.
4. If treatment is not covered by your insurance plan, payment is due at the time service.