shared risk 100% Refund Program
Shady Grove Fertility's exclusive Shared Risk 100% Refund Program is available for qualified, self-pay patients using in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor eggs, and/or gestational carrier.
Of the total Shared Risk 100% Refund Program participants, 82 percent take home a baby, and the rest receive a full refund to use for other family building options. Now patients can pursue treatment without the worry of cost versus chances of success, and without sacrificing high-quality medical care. Pregnancy success rates in this program are comparable to the results of all IVF and donor egg cycles.
How Our Shared Risk 100% Refund Program Works
Patients selecting this program may attempt up to six IVF or donor egg cycles and any subsequent frozen embryo transfers (FETs) for a flat fee. When you take a baby home from the hospital, our Center has earned the fee. In the event the attempts are unsuccessful, we will refund 100 percent of the fee. You may withdraw from the program at any time during treatment. Some costs not included in this program are
- Normal pre-screening tests
- Surgeries not related to IVF
- Recruitment or purchase fees for donor sperm or donor egg
Couples achieving a pregnancy on the first attempt will pay more with this program than the traditional fee-for-service payment methods. On the other hand, if you don’t take a baby home, Shady Grove Fertility assumes the bulk of the costs, hence the name, “Shared Risk.” Patients using donor eggs and those requiring intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) are eligible for this program at slightly higher fees.
- The patient's physician will need to medically indicate the proposed treatment.
- Woman must be younger than 39 upon completion of the IVF cycles.
- Women 39 and older can participate in the Shared Risk 100% Refund Program if they are using donor eggs. We encourage the use of donor eggs for women older than 39 only if the prognosis with your own eggs is poor.
- Patients who need ICSI or gestational carrier, or who are having an embryo biopsy, are eligible.
- Patients who have no insurance benefits (or choose not to use benefits) are eligible.
shared risk 100% Refund Program for frozen embryo transfer
With the Shared Risk 100% Refund Program for Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET), patients pay a flat fee for unlimited FET cycles, for as many frozen embryos as that patient may have available at the time she enters the program. In terms of program completion, a patient has the following possible outcomes:
- Successful pregnancy and delivery
- Withdrawal from the program at any time, receiving a full refund
- Use all of the embryos that are available without conceiving and then receiving a full refund
- We are only able to consider those embryos cryopreserved using the vitrification method at a Shady Grove Fertility laboratory.
- We are only able to consider blastocyst-stage embryos meeting Shady Grove Fertility's standard criteria for cryopreservation.
- Embryos must have been cryopreserved before the woman turned 39 or she must use embryos created with donor eggs meeting Shady Grove Fertility standards.
- SGF reserves the right to consider other inclusion and exclusion criteria when determining eligibility for this program.
You may combine this program with the Shared Help Discount Program.