The Shared Help Discount Program is an income-based program that offers a discount on most treatment and procedures performed at Shady Grove Fertility. We approve approximately 87 percent of patients who apply for this program.
Discounts do not apply when patients owe fees for an outside service or insurance, including co-pays and deductibles.
- Annual gross combined income (i.e., income of both the patient and partner regardless of marital status or living arrangement) must be $90,000 or less based on U.S. federal tax returns for the last 2 years (figure includes business income, rents, capital gains, etc.).
- Meets normal medical criteria for desired treatment.
- Uninsured or denied insurance coverage for the treatments and procedures.
- U.S. resident.
- Re-qualification is required every 12 months. Patients must send in updated tax returns.
Eligible Discounted Services
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) single cycle fees
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) single cycle fees
- IVF with donor egg single cycle fees (not all fees are eligible for discount)
- Egg freezing single cycle fees
- If you are approved for Shared Help Discount, you will also receive a 50% discount off of qualifying medications (Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel) for your treatment cycle, through EMD Serono's Compassionate Care Program. Please ensure your nurse is made aware of your intentions to apply for the Shared Help Discount so that she can order your medications accordingly through RARx Pharmacy.
Ineligible Discounted Services
The Shared Risk 100% Refund Program is not eligible for any form of discount.
Discounts do not apply to insurance, including co-pays and deductibles.
Discounts do no apply to select SGF services or when the fees are paid to an outside service, including:
- Assure Fertility Programs for Egg Freezing
- IVF with Donor Egg (only select fees are eligible for discount)
- Multi-cycle and Shared Risk Programs or Program Riders
- Shady Grove Fertility Ambulatory Surgery Center charges
- Cryopreservation and storage charges
- Pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
- ESSURE procedure
- Pre-screening (day-3 bloodwork, semen analysis, mock embryo transfer (ET), hysterosalpingogram (HSG), saline sonogram, ultrasound, surgery, endometrial biopsy, mock cycle, injection class)
- All outside testing, including: HSG, infectious disease testing, genetic testing, preimplantation genetic lab analysis
- All hospital, outside urologist, and outside anesthesia charges
- Embryo batching
- Social worker/psychologist charges
- Shipping and supply charges (i.e., collection condoms)
- Insurance co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance fees