Your First Visit
Initial Consultation Preparation
Schedule an Appointment
The initial consultation with your physician is a comprehensive evaluation of your history and medical records. It may last up to an hour. During this visit, you will have the opportunity to have your questions answered and to participate in developing a plan for further evaluation and/or treatment. We strongly encourage both partners to be present for this meeting. We want this consultation to be thorough and comprehensive and for your visit to run smoothly. Therefore, the following checklist of important information must be completed before you arrive for your consultation.
What to Expect at Your First Visit
- Plan to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time in order to complete any necessary paperwork.
- Be sure to look at your Shady Grove Fertility office webpage to address any parking concerns you may have.
- After checking in with the Shady Grove Fertility Patient Service Representative, you will meet with your physician and nurse, as well as have the opportunity to meet with the office's financial counselor (If you do not meet with a financial counselor, you will receive a phone call to discuss insurance options and benefits within 48 hours following your visit).
- There is usually no testing or physical exam at the initial consultation.
You will need to BRING the following with you to the appointment:
- Completed male and female medical questionnaires, registration form, and genetic counseling paperwork.
- A copy of your medical records from your OB/GYN, primary care physician, or another fertility program.
- Medical records from the Urologist, if applicable.
- HSG (hysterosalpingogram) report and film from the hospital or radiology laboratory, if applicable.
- Insurance cards, for both partners.
- A referral from your primary care physician, if applicable.
- Insurance authorizations, if applicable.