Shady Grove Fertility’s Recent Expansion into 8 New Regions Means Greater Access to Comprehensive, Quality Care for More Patients
In response to a continued demand for highly specialized fertility care across the country, Shady Grove Fertility, a premier fertility center with 32 locations and counting across the Mid-Atlantic United States, expanded their services by adding 8 new locations, 4 physicians, and 1 embryology lab and IVF procedure center to date in 2018, with additional expansion projected before year’s end.
“When an individual or couple comes to the realization that it’s time to seek care from a specialist to help them conceive, convenient access to high quality, affordable care from a center that stays at the cutting edge of research and technology to improve outcomes is what matters. If accessing care is not convenient, many people will unfortunately forego the opportunity to seek help,” says SGF Chief Executive Officer, Mark Segal.
“Our expansion marks a significant gain for patients who have come to rely on Shady Grove Fertility for our unique combination of high success rates, high insurance participation, affordable financial programs, and individualized, compassionate care,” adds SGF Medical Director, Eric A. Widra, M.D. “Our continued expansion has one singular goal, to help more people build their family,” adds Widra.
According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, one in eight couples (or more than 12 percent of married couples) have trouble getting pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy. Furthermore, nearly 25 percent of infertile couples will have more than one reason that contributes toward their inability to conceive, which brings to light the need for greater access to a reproductive endocrinologist who can help.
The physician specialists of Shady Grove Fertility are recognized locally, nationally, and internationally as leaders in the subspecialties of fertility and reproductive medicine. Many have been named by their peers and patients as top doctors in this discipline. New to the practice to date in 2018:
- Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility, Dr. Celso Silva has been caring for fertility patients in Florida for more than 12 years. Dr. Silva practices in the Women’s Health Center in Tampa, through SGF’s new affiliation with Women’s Care Florida (WCF), a premier provider of women’s health care throughout Central Florida. This is SGF’s first location in the Sunshine State.
- Dr. Nancy Durso leads the medical team at SGF’s new Fredericksburg, VA location alongside Rosalie Gunson, CRNP. Dr. Durso is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility and has been practicing in the D.C. area for the past 28 years. She has received several recognitions as a Washingtonian Top Doc, Northern Virginia Magazine Top Doc, and U.S. News and World Report Top Reproductive Endocrinologist.
- With the opening of their first full-service location in Richmond, VA, SGF welcomed the highly accomplished board certified reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Erika Johnston-MacAnanny, former Medical Director for Wake Forest Center for Reproductive Medicine.
- Center City, Philadelphia, the practice’s sixth full-service office in Pennsylvania, is led by board certified reproductive endocrinologist, Caleb Kallen, M.D., Ph.D., who joined Shady Grove Fertility in March 2017.
In addition to Tampa Bay, Fredericksburg, Richmond, and Philadelphia, other new SGF locations include:
- Mechanicsburg, PA (a relocation of the SGF Camp Hill, PA office), located on the campus of UPMC PinnacleHealth Fredericksen Outpatient Center. SGF’s Drs. Melissa Esposito, Lauren Roth, and Kara Nguyen see patients at the Mechanicsburg location.
- Lancaster, PA (a relocation of the SGF Reading, PA office), now conveniently located in the second largest city located in South Central PA provides easier access for patients with appointments available Monday through Friday, early morning monitoring hours, and free parking. SGF’s Dr. Kara Nguyen sees patients at the Lancaster, PA location.
- Silver Spring, Maryland, the fourth most populous city in the state of Maryland, and the second largest city in Montgomery County opened in August 2018 with Dr. Roth accepting new patient appointments.
- The 19,000 square foot Virginia IVF Center, which opened its doors in Spring 2018, became home to the fifth embryology lab operated by SGF, joining the largest freestanding IVF laboratory in the United States in Rockville, Maryland as well as Towson, MD; Atlanta, GA; and Chesterbrook, PA. The opening of this embryology lab and procedure center was particularly advantageous, as 30% of Shady Grove Fertility’s patients from Virginia no longer need to travel to Rockville, MD for IVF procedures.
Segal adds, “This is an exciting time for our practice, as we expand to new regions and add new physicians to our medical team. With our growth, we continue to maintain the integrity of our practice with ‘the patient comes first’ philosophy at our core.”
The practice’s continued growth is largely attributed to the remarkable advancements made in laboratory and treatment protocols, evidenced by 50,000 babies born, in addition to the compassionate, personalized care that patients receive, supported by 96 percent of SGF patients saying they would recommend the practice to a friend or family member.
About Shady Grove Fertility (SGF)
SGF is a leading fertility and IVF center of excellence with more than 50,000 babies born and counting. With 32 locations throughout MD, PA, VA, D.C., GA, and FL, we offer patients individualized care, accept most insurance plans, and make treatment affordable through innovative financial options, including treatment guarantees. More physicians refer their patients to SGF than any other center. Call 1-888-761-1967 or visit ShadyGroveFertility.com.
Ali Williams | firstname.lastname@example.org | 301.545.1350
Shady Grove Fertility Marketing Team