hady Grove Fertility (SGF), a practice who welcomes 12 SGF babies born every day, has opened its newest full-service fertility and in vitro fertilization (IVF) program in the heart of New York City.
The new fertility center is conveniently located at 110 East 60th Street—minutes from nine NY subway stations providing easy access from all boroughs as well as Westchester, Long Island, and Connecticut, and steps from Bloomingdales, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and The Plaza Hotel.
Drs. Anate Brauer and Tomer Singer, along with their highly trained medical team, offer patients a warm and collaborative approach to patient treatment and care.
ABOUT SHADY GROVE FERTILITY
- 85,000 babies born
- Internationally renowned Donor Egg Program, the largest in the nation. All donors are fully screened and ready-to-cycle.
- Top 5 Egg Freezing Program in the U.S.
- Hassle-Free IVF Refund
- 96% patients say they would refer a friend
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
- Psychological Support
If you have questions about diagnosing infertility or would like to schedule an appointment at Shady Grove Fertility's Manhattan, New York office please call 212-203-4826 or schedule an appointment online.
Patients currently under the care at another SGF location are not currently able to monitor at this location. Monitoring for non-NYC based patients should be available in November 2019.
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Choice Care/Humana
- Empire (excludes NYSHIP)
- GHI/Emblem Health (excludes HIP)
- Maven Clinic
- United Healthcare/Oxford (excludes NYSHIP)
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
New York Mandate
The New York Insurance Law Sections 3216 (13), 3221, requires all employers within large group health insurance markets (100 employees or more), issued or delivered within the state of New York providing coverage for hospital care or surgical and medical care, to provide coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. There is a limit of three cycles of in vitro fertilization (IVF) for people who have been diagnosed with infertility.
- The patient must be between the ages of 21 and 44, and covered under the policy for at least 12 months.
- Prohibits the exclusion of coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of a correctable medical condition, solely because the condition results in infertility.
- Infertility means a disease or condition characterized by the incapacity to impregnate another person or to conceive, defined by the failure to establish a clinical pregnancy after 12 months of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse or therapeutic donor insemination, or after 6 months of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse or therapeutic donor insemination for a female 35 years of age or older. Earlier evaluation and treatment may be warranted based on an individual’s medical history or physical findings.
- Standard fertility preservation procedures are covered but not defined by law.
- Provides up to three in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles (fresh embryo transfer or frozen embryo transfer) to patients in the large group insurance market (100 or more employees) who have been diagnosed with infertility.
- Provides medically necessary fertility preservation medical treatments for people facing iatrogenic infertility caused by a medical intervention, such as radiation, medication, or surgery, in all commercial markets (individual, small and large groups).
- Every policy that provides coverage for prescription drugs will also include drugs (approved by the FDA) for use in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
- Prohibits delivery of insurance coverage from discriminating based on age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or gender identity.
- Endometrial biopsy
- Post coital tests
- Testis biopsy
- Semen analysis
- Blood tests
- Excludes GIFT, and ZIFT; reversal of elective sterilizations; sex change procedures; cloning or experimental medical or surgical procedures.
- Excludes coverage for IVF in the individual and small group markets.
- Employers who self-insure are exempt from the requirements of the law.
- Lexington Avenue-59 Street Transit Stop | 2 minute walk | 0.1mi
- 59 Street | 2 minute walk | 0.1mi
- Lexington Avenue- 63 Street Transit Stop | 4 minute walk | 0.2mi
- 5 Avenue- 59 Street Transit Stop | 5 minute walk | 0.3mi
- Lexington Avenue-53 Street Transit Stop | 8 minute walk | 0.4mi
- Grand Central Terminal Commuter Rail (Hudson, Harlem, New Haven Lines)
20 minute walk 0.9mi
- New York Penn Station (NJT) Commuter Rail (Northeast Corridor Line, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex Morristown Line, Montclair-Boonton Line, Morris & Essex Gladstone Branch)
6 minute drive 2.1mi
- La Guardia Airport | 14 minute drive | 6.6mi
- John F. Kennedy International Airport | 25 minute drive | 16.6 mi
- Newark Liberty International Airport | 31 minute drive | 16.8mi