Shady Grove Fertility New York offers full-service fertility and in vitro fertilization (IVF) care in Brooklyn that complements its Manhattan office in the heart of New York City.
The Brooklyn office is home to SGF New York’s second location in the city and is conveniently located in the Pioneer Building at 41 Flatbush Avenue in Downtown Brooklyn at the intersection of the BAM Cultural District, Fort Greene, and Boerum Hill. The office is near 12 NY subway stations, the Long Island Rail Road, and only one block away from the Atlantic Terminal, providing easy access between boroughs, and mere minutes from the Barclays Center, Brooklyn Academy of Music, and Mark Morris Dance Center.
Dr. Robert Setton and his highly trained medical team offer patients a warm and collaborative approach to patient treatment and care.
ABOUT SHADY GROVE FERTILITY
- Over 100,000 babies born
- Internationally renowned Donor Egg Program, the largest in the nation. All donors are fully screened and ready-to-cycle.
- Top 5 egg freezing program in the U.S.
- 100% refund guarantee options for IVF and donor egg
- 96% patients say they would refer a friend
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
- Psychological Support
Approximately 70 percent of our insured patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Empire BCBS
- Emblem Health (GHI)
- Emblem HIP
- United Healthcare (excludes Navigate & Compass)
- United Medical Resources
SGF’s Accepted Fertility Networks
SGF also partners with several fertility networks, or third-party administrators — companies/employers who offer additional fertility benefits, negotiate preferred service rates, and process claims on behalf of their employees as an employee benefit.
To determine your eligibility, please review our network participation list below. Some infertility networks may require patients to enroll directly with their organization before seeking treatment as a condition of eligibility. For more information on SGF’s third-party administrators, please contact your SGF Financial Counselor or ask your HR Department for the best way to contact.
- Maven Clinic
NEW YORK MANDATE
The New York Insurance Law Sections 3216 (13), 3221, requires all employers within large group health insurance markets (100 employees or more), issued or delivered within the state of New York providing coverage for hospital care or surgical and medical care, to provide coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. There is a limit of three cycles of in vitro fertilization (IVF) for people who have been diagnosed with infertility.
- The patient must be between the ages of 21 and 44 and covered under the policy for at least 12 months.
- Prohibits the exclusion of coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of a correctable medical condition, solely because the condition results in infertility.
- Infertility means a disease or condition characterized by the incapacity to impregnate another person or to conceive, defined by the failure to establish a clinical pregnancy after 12 months of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse or therapeutic donor insemination, or after 6 months of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse or therapeutic donor insemination for a female 35 years of age or older. Earlier evaluation and treatment may be warranted based on an individual’s medical history or physical findings.
- Standard fertility preservation procedures are covered but not defined by law.
- Provides up to three in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles (fresh embryo transfer or frozen embryo transfer) to patients in the large group insurance market (100 or more employees) who have been diagnosed with infertility.
- Provides medically necessary fertility preservation medical treatments for people facing iatrogenic infertility caused by a medical intervention, such as radiation, medication, or surgery, in all commercial markets (individual, small and large groups).
- Every policy that provides coverage for prescription drugs will also include drugs (approved by the FDA) for use in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
- Prohibits delivery of insurance coverage from discriminating based on age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or gender identity.
Group policies must provide diagnostic tests and procedures that include:
- Endometrial biopsy
- Post coital tests
- Testis biopsy
- Semen analysis
- Blood tests
- Excludes GIFT, and ZIFT; reversal of elective sterilizations; sex change procedures; cloning or experimental medical or surgical procedures.
- Excludes coverage for IVF in the individual and small group markets.
- Employers who self-insure are exempt from the requirements of the law.
- Nevins Street (2, 3, 4, 5) | 1-minute walk | 260 feet
- DeKalb Avenue (B, Q, R) | 4-minute walk | 0.2 miles
- Fulton Street (G) | 5-minute walk | 0.2 miles
- Atlantic Avenue – Barclays Center (2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q, R) | 5-minute walk | 0.2 miles
- Lafayette Avenue (A, C) | 7-minute walk | 0.3 miles
- Hoyt Street (2, 3) | 7-minute walk | 0.3 miles
- Hoyt – Schermerhorn Stations (A, C, G) | 7-minute walk | 0.3 miles
- Atlantic Terminal (Babylon, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Hempstead, Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, West Hempstead), 4-minute walk, 0.2 miles