As the nation’s largest fertility center, Shady Grove Fertility offers patients living and working in the Baltimore County area access to the most advanced fertility treatment and unique financial options available. Easily accessed via the 695 interstate, the Towson, MD office is located by the popular Towson Town Center. This recently remodeled office space features all of the amenities of a full-service office, along with the convenience of a complete on site in vitro fertilization and embryology laboratory. Drs. Ricardo Yazigi, Stephanie Beall, Selma Amrane, Cori Tanrikut and Emily Barnard along with their highly trained medical team, offer a supportive and nurturing environment for patients.
- New Patient Appointments
- New Patient Virtual Consults
- Fertility and Ovarian Reserve Testing and Diagnosis
- Semen Analysis
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Low-Tech Fertility Options
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo
- Genetic Screening and Testing
- Gestational Carrier
- Egg Freezing
- Fertility Preservation for Patients with Cancer
- LGBTQ Family Building
- Financial Counseling
- Psychological Support
Approximately 70 percent of our patients have some coverage for infertility treatment and 90 percent have coverage for their initial consultation. Below is a list of insurance networks accepted by Shady Grove Fertility. Please note that each state accepts different insurances.
- Aetna, SGF is designated an Aetna Institute of Excellence™
- Carefirst Administrators
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ChoiceCare Network/Humana
- Coventry Healthcare National Network (Formerly First Health)
- Johns Hopkins Healthplan
- Medstar Health
- Tricare/Humana Military*
- United Healthcare
- VA Community Care Network
* This insurance carrier requires authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit and pre-screening.
SGF’s Accepted Fertility Networks
SGF also partners with several fertility networks, or third-party administrators—companies/employers who offer additional fertility benefits, negotiate preferred service rates, andprocess claims on behalf of their employees as an employee benefit.
To determine your eligibility, please review our network participation list below. Some infertility networks may require patients to enroll directly with their organization before seeking treatment as a condition of eligibility. For more information on SGF’s third-party administrators, please contact your SGF Financial Counselor or ask your HR Department for the best way to contact.
- Maven Clinic
The Maryland Insurance Article Section 15-810, “Benefits for In Vitro Fertilization,” requires health and hospital insurance policies issued within the state that provide pregnancy benefits to also cover the cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF). Effective January 1, 2021, Maryland’s Mandated Benefits no longer has a marriage requirement for patients to receive benefits for IVF treatment. There is a limit of three IVF attempts per live birth; not to exceed a maximum lifetime benefit of $100,000.
For contracts that follow the Maryland mandate, benefits are provided when all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient must be a policyholder or subscriber, or a covered spouse of the policyholder or subscriber.
- The patient is unable to get pregnant through less-expensive covered treatments.
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient and her spouse must have at least a 1-year history of involuntary infertility or infertility must be associated with one or more of the following conditions
- Fetal exposure to diethylstilbestrol, also known as DES
- Blocked or surgically removed Fallopian tubes
- Abnormal male factors, including oligospermia, contributing to the infertility
- For patients whose spouse is of the opposite sex, the patient’s eggs must be fertilized with the patient’s spouse’s sperm.
- For patients whose spouse is of the same sex, there must be three attempts of artificial insemination over the course of 1 year failing to result in pregnancy.
- IVF must be performed at a facility that conforms to the standards set by the American Fertility Society and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Regulations that took effect in 1994 exempt businesses with 50 or fewer employees from having to provide IVF coverage. [Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 31.11.06.06 (B) (11).]
- Religious organizations offering health benefits to their employees may request that carriers exclude IVF benefits; there must be bona fide religious beliefs and practices that prohibit IVF.
FROM THE WEST
- Take I-70 east toward Baltimore.
- Merge left to exit 91B/695 N toward Towson. Remain on 695 N for 13.2 miles.
- Take exit 27A/Dulaney Valley Rd.; merge right onto Dulaney Valley Rd./146 S.
- Make the second left, and you will see the sign for the Sheraton.
- The Dulaney Center II building will be the first building on the right.
- Arrive at 901 Dulaney Valley Rd.
- Park in the Dulaney Center I & II Sheraton Hotel garage.
FROM THE NORTH (I-95)
1. Take I-95 south.
2. Merge right onto 695 W toward Towson (exit 64).
3. Exit at 27A Dulaney/Valley Rd.; merge onto Dulaney Valley Rd. S toward Towson.
4. Make the second left, and you will see the sign for the Sheraton.
5. The Dulaney Center II building will be the first building on the right.
6. Arrive at 901 Dulaney Valley Rd.
7. Park in the Dulaney Center I & II Sheraton Hotel garage.
When entering through Southerly Rd, you should turn into the court yard when you see the Sheraton sign. The garage has an entrance in the Sheraton court yard. Be sure to bring your garage ticket with you to your appointment because we will offer a validation that provides a small discount.
Patients should enter through the main entrance of the Dulaney Valley II building. If entering the court yard from the garage, it is the building on the far right. You may be asked to sign in with security. Please note that the main entrance is actually located on the 3rd floor. So if you are going to suite 100 or 129 you will need to take the elevator down to the 1st floor.
First Floor/Suite 100
All patients having services on the first floor must check in at Suite 100
- Semen analysis
- Sperm wash for IUI
- Egg retrieval
- Embryo transfer
- Cyst aspiration
- Surgical sperm extractions
- Consultation with Cori Tanrikut
Sixth Floor/Suite 616
All patients having services on the sixth floor must check in at Suite 616
- Bloodwork (monitoring)
- Endometrial biopsy
- Mock embryo transfer
- Saline sonogram
- Ultrasound (monitoring)
- Consultation with Dr. Stephanie Beall
- Consultation with Dr. Eugene Katz
- Consultation with Dr. Ricardo Yazigi
- 0 to 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 1 hour: $1
- 1 to 2 hours: $3
- 2 to 3 hours: $5
- Max: $10
- Lost ticket: $10
The Dulaney Center II building is connected to the Towson Sheraton Hotel. When driving from 695, it is located on the left corner before the Towson Town Center mall.
“I have one IVF baby, thanks to Shady Grove Fertility’s Towson (previously GBMC) office. She will be 5 in 17 days! I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with my second, also thanks to Dr. Yazigi! My miracles bless me every day and I can’t thank you enough for all the work the doctors, nurses, and staff of Shady Grove do everyday – and always with a smile.”
“The physicians were excellent to work with, extremely knowledgeable and facilitated a comfortable environment. I did not have my primary Doctor for my egg retrieval and embryo transfer and was initially very wary of having anyone by Dr. Katz. But Dr. Yazigi made me feel at ease, was very competent and supportive and took a personal interested in me despite not having a prior relationship with me.”
“While my primary Doctor is Dr. Yazigi, I have also seen Dr. Katz. They are both wonderful Doctors.”
Effective January 1, 2021, Maryland’s infertility insurance law no longer has a marriage requirement, and the 2-year “waiting” period has been reduced to 1 year of unprotected sexual intercourse or three attempts of artificial insemination in the course of a year.