About Elyse Whiting, CRNP
Elyse Whiting, CRNP, completed her undergraduate studies in Exercise Science from Florida State University in 2008 and her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Thomas Jefferson University in 2009. She went on to earn her Master of Science in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner from Thomas Jefferson University in 2013.
Elyse maintains her board certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. She is a member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine and American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Prior to joining SGF, Elyse has been working in the field of acute and primary care pediatric medicine.
Her years of experience and dedication to the fields of pediatric and women’s health care led her to her role at Shady Grove Fertility where she collaborates closely with SGF physicians in evaluating and providing care for patients in the Chesterbrook office.
Elyse currently resides in Lancaster with her husband and their two golden retrievers, Harper and Brody. She enjoys running, painting, and home renovations.
My Role At Shady Grove Fertility Center
- Fertility testing
- Performs ultrasounds – baseline, monitoring, and obstetric
- Performs intrauterine inseminations (IUI)
- Performs saline sonograms/mock embryo transfers
- Performs endometrial biopsies
- Reviews labs and outside medical records
- Screens and counsels potential egg donors
- Counsels patients with abnormal genetic screening results and next steps
- Performs urgent care evaluations
- Masters in Nursing – Thomas Jefferson University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Thomas Jefferson University
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science – Florida State University
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Q & A
Q: What about SGF makes you the most proud?
A: I am constantly overwhelmed by the commitment of our entire team to our patients. From the minute you walk through the doors at Shady Grove Fertility, you are family. At SGF, we all share in our patients’ desire to achieve parenthood and we remain fully invested until we meet that goal. I love the fact that SGF can spark hope for our patients, whether it is their first opinion or they come to us with the burden of many years of infertility. Mostly, I’m proud of our patients. The strength and resilience they convey is empowering. It is a privilege to be a part of their journey and support them along the way. I am honored to be surrounded by such extraordinary people every day.
Q: What is your approach to helping patients who are struggling?
A: For patients that are struggling, I believe the first step is to listen. Every single patient has a different, and a lot of times difficult, history to discuss. My goal is to listen and support my patients, so that I can provide an individualized treatment plan to help them achieve their goal of taking home a baby.
Q: What is something about you that would surprise most people?
A: I have had my own personal struggles with my health, which ultimately led me to the fields of medicine in which I’ve practiced and plan to spend my career.
Q: How would you describe your personality?
A: Empathetic, compassionate, and driven.