About Tara Kiser, DNP, FNP
Tara Kiser, DNP, FNP, graduated from George Mason University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. While working in a critical care setting at INOVA Fairfax Hospital, she returned to George Mason to pursue her Doctoral degree. After graduating in 2016, she launched a new career as a Family Nurse Practitioner at a local primary care practice. It was there that she developed a strong passion for reproductive and women’s health, eventually drawing her to join the team at Shady Grove Fertility in 2018 in order to help individuals and families who struggle with infertility manage the physical, emotional, and financial aspects of treatment. She maintains Board Certification through the Virginia Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Tara was born and raised in Northern Virginia, yet she finds there is much left to explore in the Washington Metropolitan area. She enjoys outdoor activities, trying out new restaurants, dancing, playing with her two kittens, and spending time with family and friends in her spare time.
My Role At Shady Grove Fertility Center
- Perform ultrasounds – baseline, monitoring, and obstetric
- Perform saline sonograms/mock embryo transfers (SIS/MET)
- Perform hysterosalpingograms (HSGs)
- Perform intrauterine inseminations (IUIs)
- Counsel patients regarding interpretation and implications of abnormal genetic screening results
- Review lab results
- Perform urgent care evaluations for concerns
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: George Mason University
- Doctoral Degree: George Mason University
- Virginia Board of Nursing
- American Nurses Credentialing Center