About Gail Freeman, WHNP.
Gail Freeman, WHNP has spent most of her 30 plus years of nursing in Women’s Health. She received her Masters of Nursing (Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program) in 1989 from the Medical College of Virginia. Gail maintains Board Certification through the Virginia Board of Nursing and the National Certification Corporation.
Gail spent many years working as a nurse in Labor and Delivery at hospitals in Washington, D.C. Her own infertility changed her career path, and she has been working in the field of infertility for nearly 20 years. She joined Shady Grove Fertility in 2012 working as a Nurse Practitioner in the Virginia offices.
At Shady Grove Fertility, Gail works with the physicians in the evaluation and management of patients. She performs diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures, monitoring patients as well as calling patients with results.
My Role At Shady Grove Fertility
- Performing ultrasounds – baseline, monitoring and obstetric
- Performing intrauterine inseminations (IUI)
- Performing saline sonograms/mock embryo transfers
- Reviewing labs and outside medical records
- Counseling patients with abnormal genetic screening results and next steps
- Performing urgent care evaluations – such as bleeding or pain
- Masters of Nursing- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program: Medical College of Virginia
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Q & A
Q: Why did you choose to work in reproductive medicine?
A: I spent my early nursing career working in women’s health. While pursuing my master’s degree as a NP I worked in the fertility office where I had been a patient (a successful one). I found my new calling. I felt that I could bring a perspective to the job of a previous patient. I have never looked back on that decision.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Watching just about any sport on TV or in person, especially baseball, reading, needlepoint and traveling.
Q: What is something about you that would surprise most people?
A: Probably nothing, since I’m a pretty open book.