About Stephanie Beall, M.D., Ph.D.
Stephanie Beall, M.D., Ph.D., received her medical degree and doctorate in 2006 from Brown University. Dr. Beall’s research at Brown University focused on the effect of environmental toxicants on reproduction. She completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. Dr. Beall then went on to complete her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Beall has published numerous papers on infertility and has presented research findings and scientific data at national meetings.
Dr. Beall’s primary interests include diminished ovarian function and fertility preservation. She also holds special interest in how women cope with the stress of infertility and how cultural beliefs affect the care couples seek while trying to start a family. She emphasizes a personalized approach in care, bearing in mind the couple’s medical and emotional needs. Dr. Beall is medical contributor for The Huffington Post.
Originally from Akron, OH, Dr. Beall has been living in the Baltimore area with her family while completing her fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, National Institutes of Health
Awards & Recognition
- Honored for her integral role in helping to pass the Maryland fertility preservation bill
- 2016 Compassionate Doctor Award
- Sigma Xi: The Scientific Research Society
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The Society of Reproductive Surgeons
“We had a positive experience working with SGF Columbia. Overall, the nurses and doctors had organized, efficient processes in place. They were knowledgeable, professionals and caring. Dr. Beall and Nurse Natalie were specifically outstanding and a pleasure to work with. The icing on the cake is a beautiful baby boy, born November 2018, approximately a year after our first appointment with SGF.”
“Dr. Beall was professional and knowledgeable, has outstanding bedside manners! Statistics don’t faze me so I very much appreciated when she showed us our chances using graphs. The nurses in the Columbia office are also outstanding– made me feel like I wasn’t alone in this journey. My husband and I just welcomed a healthy baby boy 3 weeks ago, thanks to Dr. Beall and the nurses in this office.”
“I saw Dr. Beall in the Columbia, MD office. After our initial tests, she sat down with us to explain our best options to have a baby. She always made us feel comfortable and was willing to answer any and all of our questions. Dr. Beall also did both of my egg retrievals and I could not have felt more comfortable knowing I was in her care. She is a kind and caring doctor and we are so glad that she was our doctor. With her help and diagnosis, we were able to get pregnant with IVF on our second try. I would recommend her to anyone.”
“Dr. Beall is truly a blessing! She is the second and only female doctor that I worked with at Shady Grove Fertility. I appreciated working with a woman who understood my feelings and body. She was always informative and honest about options and made sure that I felt comfortable throughout the process. With her help, I am now 14 weeks pregnant as a result of one cycle of IVF. I can’t thank her and the staff at Shady Grove [Columbia site] Fertility enough! I am looking forward to becoming a first-time mom!”
“I was treated in the Baltimore office. I have never had such a good experience in the medical world as I have at Shady Grove. The office staff are incredibly helpful, they always answer phones, the nurses are amazing and the doctors are knowledgeable. I’ve been working with Dr. Beall for about a year due to various treatments I’ve needed. She is kind and open to questions of all kinds. I never feel rushed in her presence and she is readily available by phone. I completed two rounds of IVF (I am pregnant now) and after watching the decisions she made, and the outcomes, I would recommend her completely.”
“Shady Grove Fertility was the third reproductive clinic my husband and I went to, and we desperately wish it had been the first! Dr. Beall was fantastic – always made herself available for questions and concerns and never hesitated to give us her honest opinion. She gave us all the available options, the likely success of each, and allowed my husband me time to process and decide. We never felt pressured and always felt as though we were in great hands. We would recommend Dr. Beall again again.”
“Our experience with Dr. Beall was more than we could have asked for. Her patience and willingness to explain everything to us greatly helped our great experience. She provided the best guidance possible to ensure we had the most effective and successful treatment.”
“Dr. Beall was absolutely wonderful to have as our doctor. She always told us that we would have a family and was so encouraging through the process. It was especially needed after many failed attempts . We went through a fresh transfer that ended in miscarriage then a frozen which I’m now 14 weeks with a healthy baby on the way! We cannot wait to come back for baby #2 and have Dr. Beall help us with that process again!”
“My experience with Dr. Beall was fantastic. I made my first appointment with her as a terrified individual but came out of the experience with answers, more support, and a pregnancy. From the very first appointment she made me feel comfortable, supported, and answered every question with care. I feel lucky to have been her patient and would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility. If I ever needed her again in the future, I wouldn’t hesitate to go back.”
“Dr. Beall was so helpful and put my husband and I at ease as we transitioned from a different fertility clinic. She was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Her confidence and willingness to talk through everything with us was paramount to our satisfaction with SGF!”
“Dr. Beall was the most caring doctor I have been to. She listens to each question carefully and explains everything so well. My experience with SGF and Dr. Beall was exceptional. I would not hesitate to come back.”
- Levy G, Hill M, Beall S, Pilgrim JD, Payson M, Propst A. Falling estradiol levels on day after human chorionic gonadotropin administration in assisted reproductive technology cycles are not predictive of decreasing oocyte maturity or pregnancy rates. J Reprod Med. 2014;59(5-6):255-9.
- Crocker MK, Barak S, Millo CM, et al. Clinical case seminar: use of PET/CT Scan to identify and localize adrenal rest tissue following adrenalectomy in a woman with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. J Clin Endo Metab. 2012;97(11):e2084-9.
- Beall SA, DeCherney A. Management of tubal ectopic pregnancy: methotrexate and salpingostomy are preferred to preserve fertility. Fertil Steril. 2012;98(5):1118-20.
- Levy G, Hill MJ, Beall S, Zarek SM, Segars JH, Catherino W. Leiomyoma: genetics, assisted reproduction, pregnancy and therapeutic advances. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29(8):703-12.
- Beall SA, DeCherney A. The history and challenges surrounding ovarian stimulation in the treatment of infertility. Fertil Steril. 2012;97(4):795-801.
- Beall S, Brenner C, Segars J. Oocyte maturation failure: a syndrome of bad eggs. Fertil Steril. 2010;94(7):2507-13.