PRACTICE UPDATE: APRIL 28, 2020
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2020
Q: What services are currently available at SGF?
A: New and established patients in need of the following may currently start or resume these services at select SGF Locations.*
- Virtual physician consultations
- Diagnostic fertility testing (ultrasound and bloodwork, hysterosalpingogram [HSG], semen analysis)
- Ovulation induction (OI)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) – restricted, for at-risk patients
- Oncofertility preservation
*Depending upon the region, some services may have been consolidated to reduce the number of locations open. For the most up-to-date office information, visit Locations.
Q: When will full service resume at SGF?
A: We expect all patients in need of IVF, donor egg treatment, or gestational carrier treatment will have the option to start or resume treatment on the following dates**:
- New York – NOW OPEN
- Richmond, VA – NOW OPEN
- Florida – NOW OPEN
- Maryland – NOW OPEN
- Northern Virginia – NOW OPEN
- Washington, D.C. – NOW OPEN
- Pennsylvania – NOW OPEN
- Georgia – NOW OPEN
** Subject to change in accordance with state or local restrictions if necessary.
Q: How can I be ready for a treatment cycle on the date listed above?
A: In order that we may best accommodate you, if you’re an established patient, we recommend you reach out to your SGF clinical team now via the SGF Patient Portal to discuss options for moving forward.
If you’re a new patient, we recommend you call our New Patient Center at 1-888-761-1967 or click here to schedule a new patient video consult with an SGF physician.
Q: Is SGF returning to business as usual?
A: This is not business as usual. We will be providing care for patients in a new, very different environment. Fortunately, we’ve been able to come up with care solutions—with safety considerations being of paramount importance—that allow patients to obtain the care they need.
Q: What is SGF’s COVID-19 safety policy?
A: The safety of our patients, team members, and the community remains our top priority. Specific safety policies have been implemented in each of our offices, such as:
- We will continue to screen all patients for exposure and risk factors for COVID-19. Patients who fail screening will not be seen in our facilities. If a patient becomes quarantined or sick from COVID-19, their treatment will be cancelled. Locations will begin no-contact temperature screening soon. When you arrive at our offices, if you have a fever (>100.5 F), we will ask you to leave and contact your primary care provider for further guidance.
- Patients will need to come to our offices unaccompanied, for all types of visits, including monitoring, ultrasounds, IUIs, retrievals, and transfers. Spouses/Partners may wait in the car and will be notified that the appointment is over. Spouses/partners may be permitted to “attend” portions of the appointment virtually.
- SGF will continue to structure monitoring and waiting rooms to provide appropriate physical and time distance according to CDC guidance.
- Our procedures are performed in dedicated rooms with sterile or disinfected equipment. One case at a time, one room at a time. Procedure and operating rooms are disinfected between cases.
- Patients must wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose for all visits to an SGF office. Patients may not be seen for any form of testing, treatment, or consult without having a face covering. Patients who are dropping off a semen specimen also require a face mask in order to enter an SGF office. The face covering must be on before entering the building, before reaching the lobby or elevator.
Q: To whom do I contact at SGF if I have questions?
A: During this unprecedented time, we will continue to offer our patients the support they need and deserve. Our staff is available, and will continue to provide guidance to ensure patients are able to make progress toward their family building goals, and start or resume testing and/or treatment as soon as possible.
To expedite the proper handling of your question/request and in order to provide you with the best possible service, please direct all communications to the contact information below.
- All new patient scheduling, call the SGF New Patient Center at 1-888-761-1967.
- All clinical questions should be addressed to your clinical team and sent via the SGF Patient Portal.
- All financial questions should be addressed to your financial team and sent via the SGF Patient Portal.
All messages will be responded to within 24 business hours.
If you would like to learn more or schedule a new patient appointment with an SGF physician, please call the New Patient Center at 888-971-7755 or complete this brief online form.