The Cade Foundation’s 10th Annual Maryland Race for the Family will take place on Saturday, June 13, 2015 at The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Shady Grove Fertility physicians, staff, and patients all come together at the Race for the Family to support the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation. The Cade Foundation is a non-profit organization that serves the needs of families battling infertility through education, outreach, and grants to help couples pay for infertility treatment or domestic adoption.
In the past decade, SGF and the Cade Foundation have raised over $600,000 to support the infertility community. To help support fundraising for the Foundation, a raffle is held each year at the Race for the Family, giving entrants the opportunity to win $10,000 towards fertility treatment, provided by SGF. For every $40 that you raise, you will receive one additional ticket for the treatment drawing*. Learn how you can help join this effort and fundraise for the Race:
- Set a Goal. Before you begin the fundraising process, set a goal for yourself. Don’t be afraid to aim high—this is a foundation you believe in and people love to support a good cause.
- Embrace Social Media. Posting, pinning, tweeting, Instagramming, and blogging are constants in your life. Why not use your social power for good? Create a fundraising web page and email it to your friends and family. Better yet— link to it from all of your social media accounts. Getting donations has never been easier, thanks to the power of online fundraising.
- Hold an Auction. Ask for local businesses to donate items and set up a live or silent auction. Or have your colleagues donate items like special parking spots, an extended lunch break, or even a bottle of wine. Auctions can be held at your office, at a party, or even with your family. It doesn’t have to be a formal event—just a fun time for a good cause.
- Engage in Team Fundraising. Work with a group of friends or coworkers to create fundraising opportunities. Host a “Jeans Day” where employees contribute to the cause and get to wear jeans in return. Have an office potluck lunch where everyone gets to eat if they donate. Hold a bowling or movie night where additional proceeds go to fundraising. You can also have an office raffle: find a high-value item and get everyone to contribute one dollar for a chance to win.
- Matching Gifts. Many companies have matching gift programs. Ask your HR department to see if your organization will match what you raise. This can be an easy way to double your funds.
- Enthusiasm is Infectious. Regardless of what fundraising path you may take, remember that you should always share your passion. If you believe in your cause, other people will too.
With one month left to go, this is a perfect time to sign up for the Race for the Family and put your fundraising efforts into high gear. For more information, visit www.mdraceforthefamily.com. Donate today!
* Registrants are allowed a maximum of 5 entries for the raffle.